Celtics wearing alts in Atlanta

BJ Sands

looks like they got quite a show...Jsmoove was makin it happen from what i read about it, i didnt get to catch the game

somewhat on topic: as some have reiterated before, the Celts need to use their gold schemed St. Pat's jerseys as an alt, not those god-awful black-ladened things.

I hope the C's don't get out of the 1st round.

Of course you hope the C's don't get out of the 1st round, because the C's are going to blow the Cavs out of the furkin' water.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I don't know if the Celts wearing their alts is more disturbing than the game not selling out.

I'm a dumbass. I heard about 20 minutes after I posted that it was a sell out, although they needed a bunch of C's fans to do it.

Nerts.

(Glad they lost.)

Let's just hope, the Celtics won't be wearing those IF they make the NBA final.

I think it would be great if it were Celtics/Lakers in the finals and both teams just wore their alts. The level of whining from some on this board would be off the charts, lol.

Let's just hope, the Celtics won't be wearing those IF they make the NBA final.

I think it would be great if it were Celtics/Lakers in the finals and both teams just wore their alts. The level of whining from some on this board would be off the charts, lol.

:lol: yeah, that would be quite a sight to see

I saw, I came, I left.

as a celtics fan i hope they make the finals and win obviously, but i feel like if they win it all in their alts, they might feel some sort of affinity for them and try to make them a permanent road jersey or something. it bothers me to no end that my favorite player (KG) finally comes to my favorite team (celtics) and they might win the championship in something other than their home whites or road greens.

edit: just for the sake of putting myself out there, i do think they will win the championship, and i think it'll be over the Jazz. thank you and goodnight.

Are teams generally wearing their alts on the road for the playoffs this year?

I've been only really following the Cavs-Wiz series, but I though I also spotted the Suns (and now apparently the Celts) wearing their alts too.

Well, in reverse of this trend, I noticed the Cavaliers wore their wine road jerseys for today's game. I believe it was the first time in like 3 years they hadn't worn the alternate for a playoff road game.

Are teams generally wearing their alts on the road for the playoffs this year?

I've been only really following the Cavs-Wiz series, but I though I also spotted the Suns (and now apparently the Celts) wearing their alts too.

Well, in reverse of this trend, I noticed the Cavaliers wore their wine road jerseys for today's game. I believe it was the first time in like 3 years they hadn't worn the alternate for a playoff road game.

Ya Cavs wore wine today and navy alts in loss on Thursday, both on the road in Washington

ESPNUAkron.jpg2002-2006 ALUMNI 2007-2009 ESPNUSeton.jpg

It's my hope that with the loss in game three, the Celtics go with the regular aways uniforms for the remainder of the playoffs and threat the thirds as bad luck.

They never should be wearing anything but the regular home and away sets in the playoffs anyways.

patriotssignature.png

It's my hope that with the loss in game three, the Celtics go with the regular aways uniforms for the remainder of the playoffs and threat the thirds as bad luck.

They never should be wearing anything but the regular home and away sets in the playoffs anyways.

Agreed, they have upset the Basketball Gods by wearing those awful black-green things.

Archived