Sixers Alt logo question...

LEWJ

So I was browsing sportslogos.net.com and I noticed a somewhat different logo.

The Sixers alternate logo has an elongated "tail" streaming from the ball, which I've never seen before.

This:

Sixers_2.gif

Compared to this:

zh38e3thbthiuo6onf8mxoaa3.gif

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Never seen it before.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I did a little research...the top one definitely came from theSLE - and as those of us who used to get logos from there know - some of those logos were "legit" logos, some weren't. I'm thinking that it ISN'T real.

I have official logo and uniform sets from 1998 through the present, and that top one is not in there. The bottom one is official. Maybe the top version was a prototype? Could be.

I did a little research...the top one definitely came from theSLE - and as those of us who used to get logos from there know - some of those logos were "legit" logos, some weren't. I'm thinking that it ISN'T real.

I have official logo and uniform sets from 1998 through the present, and that top one is not in there. The bottom one is official. Maybe the top version was a prototype? Could be.

just the person I was hoping to hear from in this thread. :)

Thanks PANTONE.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Wow. I've seen the Phoenix ones before, but they never made me actually feel like vomiting like they just did right now.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It's such a tragedy how they re-designed their road jerseys this year...and they're still black. Missed the opportunity to switch them to blue and have a nice appropriate set and make everything right with the world. Of course the Hawks then switched to the 'wrong' colors so we're two down instead of even in that category now.

It's such a tragedy how they re-designed their road jerseys this year...and they're still black. Missed the opportunity to switch them to blue and have a nice appropriate set and make everything right with the world. Of course the Hawks then switched to the 'wrong' colors so we're two down instead of even in that category now.

I'm glad they stuck with black; it's becoming very rare these days.... how many teams have a black primary? Blazers, Spurs, Sixers, Heat.

The Sixers are the only team in the NBA with a "questionable" black jersey as a primary road jersey.... I would hardly call that a problem.

As for the Hawks, I do miss their old logo, jerseys, etc. But their new design has revitalized the team and city (at least in NBA terms) so maybe overall it was a change for the better. And despite their boring colors at least they have a very cool jersey design.

The Sixers are the only team in the NBA with a "questionable" black jersey as a primary road jersey.... I would hardly call that a problem.

It's not about too many teams being in black, it's the fact that if your team is called the 76ers, they really should be red white and blue.

Problem is you can polish a turd, but it's still a turd.

Yes, but it's a shiny turd.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

It was a proposed logo by Rickabough Graphics.

Very interesting if you ask me. Here are the 2 proposed logos:

sixersprototype2.png

Phoenixdesignworks created these bad boys for the 76ers.

76ersprototype.png

LOL, Phoenixdesignworks or Manhattandesignworks?

Logo #4 rips off the Knicks original flying Dutchman logo.

The stripes on #2 look a lot like the exterior of MSG.

Still trying to figure out what a sword has to do with the Revolutionary War. :wacko:

Archived