Goodell cracking down on fan conduct.

TFoA

Let me tell you that you never see any trouble at a Browns Steelers game.

The idea behind humor is to make people laugh. :P

I quit going to NFL games because the fans can be such jerks. People take that :censored:way too seriously.

Yeah, my grandpa almost got in a fight outside Soldier Field. He tried to tell the other Bears fans to take it easy on some Raiders fans.

I know there was an instance here where some Saints and Falcons fans got drunk and started fighting in my section. The entire side of the Dome was busy watching the fight instead of the game (which was a laugher at that point).

So yeah, anything that will cut down on douches turning into drunk, violent douches will always be welcome in my book.

Bravo to Roger, the last thing I'd want to see in North American sports is hooliganism similar to soccer. I'd like to be able to my kid to a game on not fear for safety. Fans who fight are unbelievably stupid. My goodness. Roger is cleaning up the league for good. Good for him.

I see one caveat to this: If Goodell cracks down on fan violence on stadium grounds, how does he know it won't just spill over into other venues, like nearby bars or even the streets of downtown (yes Detroit, I mean you)? It seems to me that an incident like this would be just as big a black eye for the league's image regardless of where it happens to take place. Does Goodell intend to punish teams for any fan violence at all, or just those incidents that happen to occur on stadium grounds?

For that statement to be true, someone would have to care about the Lions in Detroit.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

And Detroit would have to have something resembling a downtown.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Didn't some yankees fan run over a person in a Sox jersey outside Fenway?

(maybe I have the story backwards?)

I don't think it was outside Fenway, but some probably bandwagon Red Sox fans started chanting "Yankees suck!" to some woman cause she had a Yankees sticker on her car. She went nuts for some reason, and drove her car into their crowd of people, killing one.

Good. One less insufferable Boston sports fan to listen to....

Bravo to Roger, the last thing I'd want to see in North American sports is hooliganism similar to soccer. I'd like to be able to my kid to a game on not fear for safety. Fans who fight are unbelievably stupid. My goodness. Roger is cleaning up the league for good. Good for him.

I see one caveat to this: If Goodell cracks down on fan violence on stadium grounds, how does he know it won't just spill over into other venues, like nearby bars or even the streets of downtown (yes Detroit, I mean you)? It seems to me that an incident like this would be just as big a black eye for the league's image regardless of where it happens to take place. Does Goodell intend to punish teams for any fan violence at all, or just those incidents that happen to occur on stadium grounds?

Well.....Goodell can't really do much about what goes on off of stadium grounds. It's not quite his jurisdiction, but I see your point. The question is "are fans like this just because they are actually at the game or are they always this crazy?".

I've been to my fair share of Bills games and they get some real wack-jobs over there. But never have I run into said wack-job while hanging at a Sabres game, or a bar in Buffalo.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Violence at games is unacceptable, but how does that get into NFL jurisdiction. That should be government/police and stadium security jurisdiction.

Passion in/for sports is in the form of love for your team, not hate for the other!

nick Wall

"Find the flame, light the fire"

BEAT ASHEVILLE SCHOOL

Violence at games is unacceptable, but how does that get into NFL jurisdiction. That should be government/police and stadium security jurisdiction.

Passion in/for sports is in the form of love for your team, not hate for the other!

If a violent altercation breaks out in the stands, it makes the team, AND the league look bad.

The league should have every right to ensure that its members are providing ample security and protection in their stands.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Imo.....I think Chargers fans are the most rowdiest in the NFL especially when the Raiders are in town.

They are far worse than Eagles and Bengals fans and they can get up there with intimidating opposing teams fans

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Violence in stadium = NFL's problem

Violence in bars and streets = cities problem...not NFL

If football violence is working its way towards soccer hooliganism, then Roger should look no further than what The FA did to curb violence in England.

If football violence is working its way towards soccer hooliganism, then Roger should look no further than what The FA did to curb violence in England.

It is not a sign of weakness to expand upon a thought or idea merely touched upon within a post.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

It is not a sign of weakness to expand upon a thought or idea merely touched upon within a post.

What?

What?

Tell us what the FA did to curb violence. You introduced the idea, now explain it to us.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Violence in bars and streets = cities problem...not NFL['s problem]

If people run the risk of being assaulted in a bar or elsewhere in public over their NFL loyalties, then it is very much the NFL's problem, at least from a PR standpoint.

CCSLC signature.png

What?

Tell us what the FA did to curb violence. You introduced the idea, now explain it to us.

My mistake, didn't understand what you meant there.

Well, the FA to curb soccer violence, did many things. First they introduced all seater stadiums, but the NFL is good with that. They hyped up stadium surveillance inside and outside the stadium. They introduced fan identification systems for repeat hooligans. Started giving out bans to repeat hooliganisms, and apparently the banning fans actually works. As they face criminal penalty if they try to sneak into a game. They designated a portion of the stadium to traveling away fans. This is all I can remember off the top. But, they were strict on the teams too. UEFA is big on this, they would automatically give out a 3-0 decision against the hooligan team, and force the team to play in an empty stadium. All strict punishments.

Didn't some yankees fan run over a person in a Sox jersey outside Fenway?

(maybe I have the story backwards?)

I don't think it was outside Fenway, but some probably bandwagon Red Sox fans started chanting "Yankees suck!" to some woman cause she had a Yankees sticker on her car. She went nuts for some reason, and drove her car into their crowd of people, killing one.

Good. One less insufferable Boston sports fan to listen to....

Take it easy, that's a human life there... I'm not talking as a Boston fan, but as a decent person.

But yeah, I remember during that now-infamous Pats-Jets game this past season at the Meadowlands, a Jets player went down and the crowd went NUTS! It was the weirdest thing. It was like the Lions eatin' the Christians in the Colosseum.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Fine the teams 1/16 of their TV revenue.

With that avatar, I just have to ask...

"Whose name is Judge?"

"my Name is Judge!"

judge310_72.jpg

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

Archived