Cleveland Indians concept

mantleisthebest7

Hey y'all!

I've always had a certain Indians concept stuck in my head that I have never been able to get out. I've always been trying to peiece together what would make the Indians look completely awesome. I dont mind thier current look, infact I do like it alot. But then I came across a picture of Larry Doby in my hall of fame book, and another pic of Bob Feller in my 100 greatest players book, and both were wearing that gorgeous (at least in my opinion), simple, classic uniform that Cleveland sported in the mid 1950's. Simple script, numbers, chief Wahoo on the sleeve, everything looked great about it. So I began to think, "How about I incorporate this look with some additions to appeal to today?" I took some elements of the 1950's uni off (The wishbone "C" and that era's style of script), and replaced them with other things (Chief Wahoo stays on the hat and the script used today was altered to look more like the 50's script, meaning the tail was removed). I made the home uniform a creamish color to capture the classic look and left the name off the back as well. the away script is the exact one used in the 50's, and the alternate uniform is something i quickly thought up today. I decided to leave the outlines off the script and numbers and names on the alternate because I thought it looked more "old school". I also put the cream pants to go with the alt as well to further represent the classic look.

The primary logo is something I merged together with chief wahoo and the away script. I thought it looked really cool and also captured the classic look as well. Well, enough of me rambling, tell me what y'al think! As always, C&C is much appreciated!

P.S: My apologies, I though the primary was savd in png but I guess not....the uniform however is so hopefully this doesnt cause any problems.

Primary Logo

l_b6af84f347ec30dac0896f9c88e364c7.jpg

Uniforms

l_65b11e03cfeb5f8d0a728b6b1dea9d16.png

P.S.S: If I get good feedback from the board, I am thinking of submitting this to the team. I like this concept so much that I want to see if it can go somewhere. What do you guys think?

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

nice. Clean, crisp. Seems kinda plain though. Like it's missing something. Can't quite put my finger on it though. Doesn't really seem like enough of an upgrade from the current unis though. Not enough to submit to the team anyway. On a second note though I do like the red on the side of the last jersey though.

I love the alternate. The direct red-on-blue of the elements on the jersey is different. I would expect to see red and then a white outline on blue or something to that effect. Instead, it's just a stark contrast. But I find it quite pleasant. I'm not sure how it would translate onto real uniforms in sunlight or stadium lights or how it would look on TV though. I get the feeling that they would be somehow hard to read? I have no idea why I feel that way, but I do. I still love the idea though. (It's very navy on red of the late 1940sish? New York Giants or navy on gold of the Cleveland/LA Rams of the same era. Stark contrasting color on color with no bordering.)

To be honest though, the other two (home and away) are very plain-jane. It's predictable. This is exactly how I would expect the Indians to dress. Now, if that's what you're going for (not predictability, but a very simple, clean look) then you've accomplished it. I guess I was expecting something a little different, but still MLBish like the alternates. For instance the wordmark being one color (navy?) and the numbers being another (red?) kind of the way the Dodgers do it.

This look is so simple and so refreshing. I love the home and away. I've always thought this exact design would be a great fit for the Indians. The red lettering on blue might be a stretch, but hear this: I was at the store the other day and saw the current cap for sale next to the throwback C cap, and I was astounded by how much better the classic, darker blue of the throwback cap is. I think as long as you use the darker blue, the red lettering will be fine, and I think the color itself is much more attractive than the current navy blue. Great even. I love the use of a script at home and block letters on the road. It adds some interest to the set. This would also look great with the throwback C cap.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

That's nice.

I like that look better. (Especially the road jersey.)

I did a road jersey with the exact letter font as on the new weekend cap with the plain red "C". (Only mine has that piping on the front.)

Speaking of which, you know that rumor about the Indians new AAA Afilliate being The Columbus Clippers next year? Well, I designed new Clippers Unis based on that.

Right now, this is the current Clippers Logo...

4511.gif

Until last season, the Clippers were the AAA Affiliate of the Yankees and their regular unis are based on that. (Their blue alternate uses "CLIPPERS" in the Washington Nationals letter font since that's their current affiliation.)

Here's my new Clippers Unis...

clippers-indians-unis.gif

as for an Indians Concept I have, I was just having fun here. (Would look cool on Sundays.) Let's just call it a modern take on a 70's Classic.

indians-red-alt.gif

George Ashburn - My Website

yuku-sp-me-roll.gifyuku-jd-shake.gif

That's nice.

I like that look better. (Especially the road jersey.)

I did a road jersey with the exact letter font as on the new weekend cap with the plain red "C". (Only mine has that piping on the front.)

Speaking of which, you know that rumor about the Indians new AAA Afilliate being The Columbus Clippers next year? Well, I designed new Clippers Unis based on that.

Right now, this is the current Clippers Logo...

4511.gif

Until last season, the Clippers were the AAA Affiliate of the Yankees and their regular unis are based on that. (Their blue alternate uses "CLIPPERS" in the Washington Nationals letter font since that's their current affiliation.)

clippers-indians-unis.gif

as for an Indians Concept I have, I was just having fun here. (Would look cool on Sundays.) Let's just call it a modern take on a 70's Classic.

indians-red-alt.gif

Yeah, that indians jersey looks like the Red Sox current alternate/BP unis with the red

:blink: Please post a new thread, don't hijack!

Mantle, I love your sets. The one thing that stands out to me is the Indians script on the homes looks wrong, but otherwise very nice. How exactly would you go about this submission and would it be serious?

:blink: Please post a new thread, don't hijack!

Mantle, I love your sets. The one thing that stands out to me is the Indians script on the homes looks wrong, but otherwise very nice. How exactly would you go about this submission and would it be serious?

Well gingy, I'm actually not quite sure. I really do want to submit this, but I'm not 100% sure on how, or what I should include with it, if you know what I mean. I dont think just mailing a letter or sending an email would be productive or professional enough. I'm not sure really, what do you guys think?

P.S: I have a small idea after looking at it, and I want to run it by you guys - how do you think numbers on the front would look on the home and alt? Do you think it would make it "pop" more? I figured away didnt need it, but just looking at the home and alt I thought it might be a good idea. What do you guys think?

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

Sorry about the Threadjack

The removal of the tail from the Indians "Script Logo" reminds me of the Mid-50's unis. Was that intentionally of a cream color? (like the Giants Home Unis.) if it was, I like that touch.

I always did like the "CLEVELAND" in Block Letters better than in script.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Indians Unis "Cleaned Up A Bit" like that.

George Ashburn - My Website

yuku-sp-me-roll.gifyuku-jd-shake.gif

Sorry about the Threadjack

The removal of the tail from the Indians "Script Logo" reminds me of the Mid-50's unis. Was that intentionally of a cream color? (like the Giants Home Unis.) if it was, I like that touch.

I always did like the "CLEVELAND" in Block Letters better than in script.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Indians Unis "Cleaned Up A Bit" like that.

Thanks man, oh and no worries about the threadjack it's totally cool man. Yeah the cream was intentional and it's a good thing home script looked like what you said because that was intentional too haha! Yeah I tried to make the script look like the 1950's one so I'm glad it looks that way. Thanks for all the comments!

So what did you guys think of the ideas in my last post? It's a few posts previous from this one. Let me know what you think of the ideas I had to add to it, for I dont want to add anything to the concept unless you guys think it would look good. thanks everyone!!

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

I think the two scripts just clash way too much, not only in font but in style, with one being arced and the other being raised.

The jerseys feel too plain and need SOME kind of piping, even if it's just sleeve.

I think the color balance feels off... it's all RED RED RED RED except the alternate and the batting practice jersey.

It's got potential, but there's just too much that I don't care for about it.

P.S: I have a small idea after looking at it, and I want to run it by you guys - how do you think numbers on the front would look on the home and alt? Do you think it would make it "pop" more? I figured away didnt need it, but just looking at the home and alt I thought it might be a good idea. What do you guys think?

Yes. Put numbers on the front. I think they look a little bare otherwise.

Put names on the homes and numbers on the fronts and I'll be sold on this.

As for the threadjack: I like your thinking on the clippers concept, but the recolored C on the uniforms looks like the Cubs. Plus the red Indians uniforms were probably the worst in their history.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

• 1 month later...

The concept is nice and clean, I like it. Here is what I would do different. The Saturday and Sunday alternate that they use now would be the home uniform and just add the players names to the back. The road gray uniform that you did would remain the same.

For Altenate uniforms, I would have a red jersey with the block "INDIANS" on the front. The letters and numbers for this jersey would be blue with white trim, the cap for that jersey would be either all red or red w/ a blue bill. The away alternate would be blue with the block "CLEVELAND" on the front. The letters and number would be red with white trim. The cap for this jersey would be the all blue one.

For home weekend games, I would do a remake of the 1970 home uniform that they wore for one season. It would be a white uniform with blue pinstripes. It would have the block "INDIANS" on the front. The letters and numbers would be blue with a red drop shadow, and the cap would be the all blue one.

If you added these changes, you would have the makings of a very sharp uniform set.

Archived