NBA Offseason Central

LEWJ

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Probably signed some random offer sheet so the Hawks will actually have a timetable to match, just to get things over with... I'm assuming. :lol:

Exactly. And it's 5 years. The Hawks can EASILY match this.

The Cavs have recieved Mo Williams from the Milwaukee Bucks, in a 6-player deal involving Cleveland, Milawaukee and the Oklahoma City.

Cleveland gets:

Mo Williams, from Milwaukee

Milwaukee gets:

Damon Jones, from Cleveland

Luke Ridnour, from OKC

Adrian Griffin, from OKC

OKC gets:

Joe Smith, from Cleveland

Desmond Mason, from Milwaukee

Deal is set to be announced later today.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3533552

I think it's a very good deal for Cleveland. Joe Smith is getting old and Damon Jones' egotistical ways needed to go.

Joe Smith was a good scorer off the bench for Cleveland last season, which should help OKC's bench game, but since they got rid of Luke Ridnour, there starting lineup is starting to look like junk again. So IMO, OKC did not benefit well from this trade at all.

I say Cleveland got the best end of the deal, and OKC got the worst.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I figured you'd like this trade. I absolutely hate it.

Reporter: General Manager Hammond, what is the rationale behind this trade?

Hammond: Well, Oklahoma City approached us and said they wanted a player from Oklahoma to win over the new fans despite the fact that their team will be an embarrassment this next season. Cleveland had been wanting a true guard to bolster their lineup and give Lebron James some help. In return, we get an expensive guard whose numbers have already peaked, a player who left Milwaukee already after playing for every other team in the NBA, and a forward who no one's heard of. Congrats to the Cavaliers for their future success and the 4 wins they'll put on us next season.

• 2 weeks later...
(Great, now Danny's going to make me despise him again. watch him [get] Darius Miles.)

:censored:, I was actually right.

:cursing:

He's at best a move to add some (quite frankly, needed) depth, at worst a camp body. The contract's not guaranteed, so there is little risk to the Celtics.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

If Kwame Brown can keep getting signed to guaranteed contracts, then there must be a place in the NBA for Darius Miles.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

And the New York Knicks have just acquired Patrick Ewing Jr. from Houston for the rights to Frederic "I Got Pwned By Vinsanity" Weiss.

ESPN article

Welcome aboard Lil Fella!!

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

And the New York Knicks have just acquired Patrick Ewing Jr. from Houston for the rights to Frederic "I Got Pwned By Vinsanity" Weiss.

ESPN article

Welcome aboard Lil Fella!!

That's awsome.

I love seeing juniors play for the same team as their parent or family member.

It's cool. Blast from the past.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

The experts over at ESPN.com have predicted the standings for this coming season:

playoff teams in bold

Western Conference

Pacific

L.A. Lakers 55-27

Phoenix 47-35

Golden State 39-43

L.A. Clippers 35-47

Sacramento 34-48

Southwest

New Orleans 54-28

Houston 53-29

San Antonio 51-31