Tiger Woods Rips the NHL

charger77

"Let's talk about the Dodgers?"

OK... they're still behind Arizona in the NL West.

Strong words from a man who has a SWEDISH wife. If he couldn't be bothered to take a stance on anything else, why should we care what he says about hockey? (That's not to say what he says is wrong) hmm.... I wonder how golf's ratings are doing?

I saw, I came, I left.

"Let's talk about the Dodgers?"

OK... they're still behind Arizona in the NL West.

Strong words from a man who has a SWEDISH wife. If he couldn't be bothered to take a stance on anything else, why should we care what he says about hockey? (That's not to say what he says is wrong) hmm.... I wonder how golf's ratings are doing?

Great with old men and spoiled rich kids and men in suits... yea they have a large demographic...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Game 5 was the highest rated game in 6 years so they are getting some fans back. Just like with the baseball strike of '94 fans are starting to come back from the owners lockout of '04-'05.

True, but turning on the TV doesn't cost anything, and it doesn't bring the NHL added revenue. Other areas where casual fans spend their bucks (merchandising, for instance) are for the most part still down.

nav-logo.png

From the Ottawa Citizen about the ratings on Game 5:

http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/s...d1-6180f3c7a831

U.S. TV ratings up

Citizen News Services

Published: Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Game 5 of this year's NHL final on Monday night drew its best television rating in six years as the Pittsburgh Penguins rallied to beat the Detroit Red Wings 4-3 in triple overtime. The game, televised by NBC, was watched in 4.3 per cent of homes in the largest U.S. media markets, according to Nielsen Media Research Inc., a rise of 79 per cent over last year's Game 5 between the Anaheim Ducks and Ottawa Senators. NBC's coverage of Game 4 on Saturday won the night among adults between the ages of 18 and 49, Nielsen said, giving the NHL its first primetime victory in that category in seven years.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Game 5 was the highest rated game in 6 years so they are getting some fans back. Just like with the baseball strike of '94 fans are starting to come back from the owners lockout of '04-'05.

-Dan

Hate to nitpick, but it was only the highest rated Game 5 since 2002, unless it's also the highest rated game in general and they failed to report that.

Let's talk about the Dodgers? Umm, ok. They're .500, right, and barely in anyone's consciousness. There you have it.

Ouch :P

But seriously, Tiger should look at the ratings of these golf tournaments before bashing hockey.

You should really knock down the size of your sig. You generally post about 2 lines, but your sig takes up the rest of the screen.

Kthxbai.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Let's talk about the Dodgers? Umm, ok. They're .500, right, and barely in anyone's consciousness. There you have it.

But seriously, Tiger should look at the ratings of these golf tournaments before bashing hockey.

You should really knock down the size of your sig. You generally post about 2 lines, but your sig takes up the rest of the screen.

Kthxbai.

Then how would we know what his favorite teams are? It's very important information.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Kthxbai.

Then how would we know what his favorite teams are? It's very important information.

Don't worry I updated the sig.

espnsig.gif

Oh great, now all the puckheads are going to cry and whine about how hockey is so great and no one should ever say anything bad about it...well, too late.

Waaaaa!

The sport isn't that great on TV, but in living color, it's the shiznit, for real. People don't watch hockey on TV as much anymore. Fine. It reached a low in exposure in the US. Fine. However, IMO, hockey's making a comeback, and I, for one, am glad to see it.

But the puckheads need to get the hell over themselves, because to just pile on Tiger is idiotic. Don't ridicule him, educate him. I think the Kings or Ducks or Panthers or whoever, should invite Eldrick to actually see a game. Maybe Gretz can call him up and let him sit behind the bench one night in Phoenix. I think that's a better idea than spouting "Tiger iz sew dum cuz he don't liek hockey! Hiz wif iz Sweedish, so she shud no hockey reel gud!"

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived