Red Team:

chestnutz6

-(dp)-

FKAkrock5cent

josh_cat_eyes

maz1960

SG30

Sgoalie 19

You may use this thread to communicate, brainstorm, share ideas, and display concepts. Almost all communication between team members should be conducted in this thread (see general info thread for more information).

If you are not a member of the Red Team, please refrain from posting in this thread unless you are asked to. Thank you.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, people. Lets do this.

Firstoff, my vote to dp as manager. With that, I think we should all say what it is we individually can do and would like to do. The folks with the best programs and design skills get to put together the presentations and such, but those with paint can draw up basic ideas and contribute ideas and discussions as well as handling the other aspects of the competition.

Personally, all I have is paint and a free trial of the latest version of Paint Shop Pro. I would be able to contribute ideas (and draw up basic paint versions of that idea) and in discussions, as well as handle other positions that dont have to do with actual graphics work (anythign involving graphics programs I dont have).

I dont have a specific idea as far as name goes, but I think it should reflect clean and professional design, success, and also the members of the group.

oBIgzrL.png

I have paint.net and I can help with uniform design. I'm not great with logo design but I can help brainstrom and build off of basic ideas. I'm going to be away along time(3 weeks worth) but I am always brainstromg and drawing so let me know what I can do!

dp for manager.

I have MS Paint and the GIMP. Both programs I'm fairly comfortable working with. I can draw a little bit too.

As for a name, I was thinking about something that conveys ambition and determination. Those are two qualities we ought have as participants of this contest. I was also thinking that those are two qualities that athletes have, and pretty much the reason we're on this specific board in the first place deals with professional athletes.

I guess since everyone else is...dp for manager.

I have paint and as soon as i get my code, I'll have photoshop. I love jerseys and personally I feel that is my strong point and if needed I can make the jerseys if their is jerseys to be made. I also think that I can contribute with some ideas as I tend to be pretty open minded!

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Hey guys, just call me Scott, it might make it easier for communication purposes. I have Illy and PS, so I might be helpful for vectoring or presentation design. From what I can see, it seems like all of our team members are pretty young so maybe our team name could reflect upon that?

Hey guys, just call me Scott, it might make it easier for communication purposes. I have Illy and PS, so I might be helpful for vectoring or presentation design. From what I can see, it seems like all of our team members are pretty young so maybe our team name could reflect upon that?

As long as we arn't the "Young Guns" I'm good with that.

As long as we arn't the "Young Guns" I'm good with that.

The Young Guns are a myth. They never existed. B)

Anyways: here's what I think our name should have, based on my and everyone's suggestiong so far:

Youth of the members of the group

Determination

Ambition

Success

Clean Professional Design

oBIgzrL.png

I noticed how young we were also. The first thing that came to mind was Prodigy Designs, because it shows greatness at a young age, but after googling it, there is apparently a web design firm already named that. :(

Anyways, it looks like I will probably be task manager. My name is Devin, so feel free to call me that or dp. Just be glad you don't have to write out PISTONStheNextDYNASTY anymore. ^_^ I have Illustrator, and Photoshop, and can help with any design aspect of a challenge. I will also try to help with ideas.

EDIT: Actually, after looking through the rest of our thread, and the blue team thread, all of the names suggested are already used by some sort of design firm. I would imagine any good name is probably taken by some design firm somewhere. I am not really sure if we can use any of those names or not...

MegatronSig2.jpg

Random idea that just popped into my head...B L337 D35I9N...in other words, "Be Elite Design"...

Writing it in leet showcases our youth, in a way. We've grown up on computers.

The "Be Elite" shows where we want to be...at the top.

I'm not so sure leet is the way to go when you're representing clean and professional design, but we could showcase that through our graphics.

I dunno what you guys think. I don't even know what I think about it really, but I'm just throwing it out there.

All of you can call me Erik or just chestnutz. I've only been designing things for less than a year, and like others I'm young (junior next year), but I can help out in any way possible. I have a little experience creating letterheads and stuff of that sort, and I enjoy making logos (not very good with unis though), so yeah that's what I can do. I'm horrible with creating names that are serious, because I'm quite a jokester and just think of dumb little funny ones :P

Prodigy sounds good however, or something along those lines.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

A modern looking logo, a brain maybe (no offense to old people haha), technology

ok lets roll with the technology idea. Seeing as most of us have been raised in the digital age we should play off that idea.

Maybe use the Wi-Fi connection logo as a basis?

What about Sensation Designs? I Googled it and it was in use before, but the company changed their name. I am also thinking we could use something with a flame. Often times you see flames used as a sign of youthfullness.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

I like the flame idea, but mixing that with a digital font would not be good. However, I dont like the digital font idea anyways. Ive never liked that kind of font, and its used alot like comic sans and copperplate.

oBIgzrL.png

Archived