CCSLC Apprentice: Red Team

GFB

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok, just to get you all more ideas along the prodigy name, some words like it...

sensation (already been said), phenomenon, and my favorite...WUNDERKIND (or wunderdesign, graphic, etc)

Wunderkind...makes me think of wonderbread...but I really like it.

Hm, Avenir does sound really cool actually. I hate french, but you might be onto something with the different languages...latin maybe?

nah, blue team it already looking into other languages. Besides, we dont need none of that softy euro-trash :P

Hm, Avenir does sound really cool actually. I hate french, but you might be onto something with the different languages...latin maybe?

A quick online search said that "future" in Latin would be posterus.

Also, I say disregard the Blue team for the most part. Let's not close up our options just because of them. As long as we're different, which we are, I don't think there's a problem.

I say we stick to english, go with something that either convays toughness or youth.

I disagree. foriegn languases break away from the norm. We can say simple unexciting words in english, but they will sound great in other languages, and like somethign you rarely hear. If it were a real company, they'd probably value that because the fact that its so unique to most people makes it stick in people's heads more.

oBIgzrL.png

I say we stick to english, go with something that either convays toughness or youth.

I disagree. foriegn languases break away from the norm. We can say simple unexciting words in english, but they will sound great in other languages, and like somethign you rarely hear. If it were a real company, they'd probably value that because the fact that its so unique to most people makes it stick in people's heads more.

But how will we stand out if the Blue team is doing that as well?

Ok, just to get you all more ideas along the prodigy name, some words like it...

sensation (already been said), phenomenon, and my favorite...WUNDERKIND (or wunderdesign, graphic, etc)

Wunderkind...makes me think of wonderbread...but I really like it.

Wunderkind was the nickname of a really awful wrestler in the mid-to-late 1990's named Alex Wright.

Theyr eusing latin. It isnt exactly a foriegn language. Its dead. That, and optimus is used enough in popular culture (I.E. Optiums Prime), that it actually might not seem as original as using a Avenir or Wunderkind or something like that.

oBIgzrL.png

Theyr eusing latin. It isnt exactly a foriegn language. Its dead. That, and optimus is used enough in popular culture (I.E. Optiums Prime), that it actually might not seem as original as using a Avenir or Wunderkind or something like that.

ok, I see where your comming from.

how about...l'avenir, just adding a "the" in front of "future." It conveys both youth and determination to succeed while adding an element of elegance.

Okay, let's see. I am not so sure about Sensation, as the way we would be using it isn't the first thing I think when I hear the word. I would more likely think about it as being like a feeling, rather than a really talented person. Phenomenon or Phenom, I think I would prefer Prodigy over that. I really like the name Prodigy still. Then Avenir or L'avenir seems a little bit too far out there for me. Most people would have no idea at all what it means, or even how it is pronounced (including me). Using a different language could be alright, but I don't see anything wrong with good old English. That is just my opinion on those. We really need to decide on a name very, very soon, because we don't want to get too far behind the Blue team.

Also, sorry if I sound like I am just shooting down everything other than Prodigy. While I do like that name, I am keeping an open mind on anything else.

MegatronSig2.jpg

I just was thinking about some names; what about:

Gravity Design(s)

Momentum Design(s)

Velocity Graphics/Velocity Design(s)

Inspired by Design

Also a play on the Progidy name:

the Prodigy: Graphic Design

Prodigy Graphics

Prodigy Graffic Design (yeah I know I spelled Graphic wrong...but hey, The Beatles are spelled "wrong")

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Archived