CCSLC Apprentice: Red Team

GFB

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because of complaints, I'm proposing the deadline to be extended 12 hours until Wednesday at noon (Eastern Time). Devin, if you could give me a yes (if your team is for extending the deadline) or no (if against extending) vote for your team, that would be great...

What do you guys (and girl) think? I am in favor of extending the deadline to noon Wednesday.

Also, does nobody else like the font I used at the top of the last ones I posted? That is my favorite by far. I don't think a font has to be plain to look professional, especially being a design team, I think it should be a more creative font. Plus, i would separate us from the other team more, as the went with a plain font.

MegatronSig2.jpg

What do you guys (and girl) think? I am in favor of extending the deadline to noon Wednesday.

Also, does nobody else like the font I used at the top of the last ones I posted? That is my favorite by far. I don't think a font has to be plain to look professional, especially being a design team, I think it should be a more creative font. Plus, i would separate us from the other team more, as the went with a plain font.

I see what you're saying about the fonts. It's still simpler than what you posted, but I added the little serifs to the wordmark, similar to the third font choice you posted. I also lightened up the black a bit to more of the charcoal everyone has been talking about. What do you guys think about the font choice? I have plenty others I could try out, just give me your opinion..

PDC2.png

Here are a few ideas for business cards and color combinations. The font style on the right is much better for translating that same style into layouts, in my opinion. The one on the left, there isn't much to work with. I did four different color combos. You guys should start throwing ideas out for business cards as well, while we are trying to decide on, or finish up a logo. Also, I am not sure, but I think we may need a separate logo apart from the wordmark. Not sure on that, though.

prodigybizcards-1.png

MegatronSig2.jpg

I like the font on the left more. The torch fits with it much better.

As for a separate logo, josh came up with that PDC one, which was quite nice.

For the business card, I was thinking of having the shape of the card morphed to the torch.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

No offense to anyone, but I think that mine and Devin's logos were the best. I am not apposed to sgoalies idea of using a blue flame, but I think it just looks too boring. Also, for the business cards, I like the one on the bottom left and like the idea of having the big flame there on the right. I also like the color scheme of that business card.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

When put on cards, the ones on the right, which I disliked earlier, actually look better IMO. Perhaps using that as the wordmark and taking the top part of the torch/flame thats already in the background and using it as the individual logo?

oBIgzrL.png

Ok, how are we going to do this? Who's doing what, the presentation, etc. What logo have we decided on? Business card? We gotta work everything out, the deadline is rapidly approaching.

Well I have a proposal; do people like it? The more "proposals" we have, the faster we are going to decide what one is best.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Well, umm......... It looks like nobody is online, we haven't decided on a logo or color scheme, and I have to somehow finish the business cards, a presentation layout, and the entire presentation, before being at work by 11 a.m. tomorrow. I don't really want to go with something we haven't completely agreed on, but with nobody on, I might have to. Please, anybody who gets on soon, let me know which logo, color scheme, and business card you like best.

MegatronSig2.jpg

I say we stick to the charcoal/orange. I think it looks best, and its what we've had going now.

I like the lowercase "g" logo.

And my favorite business card is the one on the top right, if you can do anything with that card and logo.

Archived