CCSLC Apprentice: Red Team

GFB

The whole fire thing represents a lot of what we want to convey, in my opinion. Pyrophoric Designs, maybe? (Pyrophoric means "capable of igniting spontaniously in air.") That name is currently not being used according to a quick Google search.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The whole fire thing represents a lot of what we want to convey, in my opinion. Pyrophoric Designs, maybe? (Pyrophoric means "capable of igniting spontaniously in air.") That name is currently not being used according to a quick Google search.

That deffinition gave me a though. What about Spontaneous Designs. All I got from google is that there is a Web Domain registered to www.spontaneousdesigns.com but thats the only record of it...As for the name, IMO it feels Young, Quick, Fast and if we add that flame in there it would add a whole other aspect to the name.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Good to see everybody giving suggestions now. So far, this is what we have for suggestions:

SonicBoom Designs

Prodigy (Designs, Creative, Studios, or I think it could stand alone. Or just Team Prodigy)

B L337 D35I9N or Be Elite Design

Sensation Designs

Pyrophoric Designs

Spontaneous Designs

Pyrographic Designs

Also, somebody else mentioned 'Phenom', as it is similar to Prodigy

I don't know about using fire as imagery. Fire just seems overused to me on a lot of things. Also, Prodigy Designs is already a name, but so are a lot of suggestions both teams have had. We could go with Team Prodigy, just call ourselves 'Prodigy', or follow it with something else other than designs like I said. There have been some other good suggestions, so keep them coming. I think we need to decide on a name by tomorrow.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Here is one of my ideas. It isn't anything special, because I didn't work on it for that long, since we aren't sure what name we are using yet. The font was just whatever I had that had a weight similar to the silhouette used for the I, not necessarily the type of font I would use. I just did it to show my idea of using the silhouette of a young person as the letter I in prodigy. Keep the name suggestions coming guys!

ProdigyIdea.png

MegatronSig2.jpg

pyrographic?

I think incorporating some sort of pencil/design-y type of thing would really convey that it's a design "firm" and make it better. A flame turning into a pencil, something like that.

Pyrographic...I like the way it has graphic in there as well.

This is just a quick MS Paint sketch what popped into my head at first...

pyrographictryone.png

I was thinking have something like this maybe looking like it was like etched into some burning wood. I'm not quite sure how to do that on the computer though.

Devin: I kind of like that, but to me it just seems too much like we're amateurish and childish, can't be taken seriously.

rock: Not a bad idea, just needs a lot of things tweaked I think. Of course these are just rough ideas so it's no big deal at all, just saying I don't much like the font and I don't really know what that gray thing is. Also, wifi signals seemed to be used a lot in logos today if you look around at logo websites/blogs.

SG: I've never really been a fan of text-only logos, and the crazy font kind of seems childish/not serious.

Sorry if I sound harsh to any of you, I just think I speak for everyone when I say I want the best logo possible!

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Here's my idea:

prodigy.png

After looking at if for a while, I don't really like the Myriad typeface, it looks too generic, so I think we should look for something more unique. The crayon is a humorous representation of our youth. What do you guys think?

Hmm, I kind of like that crayon idea. Kids love playing with crayons and coloring books, and that could represent how we all got started in design. One critique I have of the logo is that the type is very clean and straight edged while the crayon drawing is rough and sketchy.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Devin: I kind of like that, but to me it just seems too much like we're amateurish and childish, can't be taken seriously.

Yeah, I definitely see what you mean. The font I picked for this rough sketch doesn't help that either, though. Like I said though, that would not necessarily be my font of choice anyways. Great to see visuals of everyone elses ideas too. I am confident that we will come up with something we are all happy with. Any other name ideas yet? Is Prodigy the most likely one so far?

MegatronSig2.jpg

Archived