CCSLC Apprentice: Red Team

GFB

I'm not in love with it but I could live with it.

Not trying to be rude but we're trying to win, not settle for something. If you don't like it, give him some critiques..

As for the logo, I'm not digging the font choice- it screams professional football team, not design firm. I think we should go for a more classic, less trendy identity.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay, another try.....

This time I used the torch idea, but what I came up with isn't too great, in my opinion.

Prodigy4.png

I actually really like that. The idea is awesome! I think if we played around with it we could make it work.

If you took just the tortch and used the name Prodigy as the base of the torch and design collective to fill the rest of the base of the torch in then put the flame about the name would that work? Kind of like here how the Olympic logo is the base and then the 100 fills it out:

6956.gif

Just a thought...

BTW, Team Blue's name is Optimus for those who don't know yet.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

I'm not in love with it but I could live with it.

Not trying to be rude but we're trying to win, not settle for something. If you don't like it, give him some critiques..

As for the logo, I'm not digging the font choice- it screams professional football team, not design firm. I think we should go for a more classic, less trendy identity.

will do, I did not know how everypne was was going to react so I didnt want to upset the group momentum.

I think the font should be changed as well.

Okay, Here are some more. After looking at it, I am not sure that I even like the last font I used. It was late when I did it. anyways, I did the torch idea with the font I used for the last concept. I really like the font, but a few of you didn't. Then I tried one with a more plain font. I edited the font, because I don't want our wordmark to just be our name typed out in a publicly available font. Plus I think it looks better than the font originally did. Also, being a design team, I think it is okay if we use a little bit crazier font, like the top one, and it can still look professional, but if you guys think otherwise, that is fine. That is just my opinion, here are a few different concepts.

Prodigy5.png

MegatronSig2.jpg

Personally, I'm a fan of san serifs all lowercase fonts. Those texts make the comapny seem most approachable, friendly, pro-consumer, etc. I don't really have time to make my own concept, but I was thinking all lowercase san serif, with the bottom part of the "i" the torch and a ball of fire for the dot on the "i." Also, similar to what you've done in that second on the list, put "design collective" or "DESIGN COLLECTIVE" in a smaller font that fits in between letters (maybe extend the length of the P down to the same level as the g?)

Overall, on the right track, just not there yet. Also, could you play around with some different colors?

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Ugh...... The other team is now using a charcoal/orange color, although they have more freedom in their color choices than we do. We pretty much have to have a yellow, red or orange, since you guys wanted to go with the torch idea. They also seem to think we stole their idea on the color scheme, because later Friday, somebody mentioned it. Well, Very early Friday, basically Thursday night, I used the charcoal, light gray and red, and mentioned I also liked it with orange in place of the red, so they are wrong about who thought about the scheme first. Anyways, should we still use the color scheme, or try a different one? We are already using similar logos, or from the concepts we have had recently. Both have 7 letter names, both have a simple image as part of one of the letters, and I don't think we want to have the same color scheme. At he same time, we shouldn't let them force us out of using color scheme, if that is what we want. Also, the deadline for everything might be just over 24 hours away, as I am guessing 12:00 a.m. Wednesday is one minute after 11:59 p.m. Tuesday.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Archived