CCSLC Apprentice: Red Team

GFB

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While I agree incorporating sports into our deisng would be good, I'm afraid if we just did a plain interlocking PDC it'd look too much like a college athletics logo, and not a design firm for sports.

Very true and completely understandable.

Well, I got another idea, and put together something to show the idea. The actual logo part, I did pretty fast, so it is not great. It is the side view of a kid, looking slightly up towards the sky. He has a determined look (or at least that is how I want him to look, not sure if it does now) and a pencil in the ear, to show that he is an artist. The face doesn't look like a persons yet, because I did it quick. There isn't a lot of detail in the face, to make it more mysterious looking, since we aren't necessarily too well known. Plus, I didn't want to make it specifically a boy, so I didn't put as much detail.

ProdigyIdea2.png

I also worked on a possible wordmark. I started with a futuristic font, but there were some things didn't like about it. I modified it quite a bit, but there aren't a lot of huge differences. The bottom is the original font, middle and top are with the modifications. I am not completely sure about the colors, but I think that is probably another thing we should vote on. I had one with a light and dark gray, and orange, that I liked also.

ProdigyIdea3.png

Anyways, let me know what you guys think, and keep throwing your ideas out here too. I think we are right where we want to be right now.

MegatronSig2.jpg

So I take it our name is Prodigy Desgin Collective? I am really up for that! Great name! That logo ^ looks cool except I don't really know what that kid is when I first look at it. You should make it more distinguishable that thats what it is. I would add more detail to make it look at least like a person but I like your choice of not choosing a gender.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Yeah, like I said, this was just for the rough idea. I planned on making it look more like a face.

What do you guys think about the color scheme? I used red, because we were just the Red Team, but I don't think we necessarily have to use red. What would you guys suggest?

MegatronSig2.jpg

Id hate to be the one to completely shoot down an idea, but I dont like the logo so much, I dont like the idea of using an actual human kid for some reason. The color scheme seems too, I dunno, dark? And the wordmark seems too futuristic-video-game-company like.

Im thinking we should go back to the idea of maybe something with a flame, and use a simpler font for the wordmark.

I'll contribute my own idea when my computer stops acting up with display problems.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

Id hate to be the one to completely shoot down an idea, but I dont like the logo so much, I dont like the idea of using an actual human kid for some reason. The color scheme seems too, I dunno, dark? And the wordmark seems too futuristic-video-game-company like.

Im thinking we should go back to the idea of maybe something with a flame, and use a simpler font for the wordmark.

I'll contribute my own idea when my computer stops acting up with display problems.

I think the flames might look unprofessonal

On the contrary. If done correctly I think a single flame or torch of some kind would look quite professional.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

Ouch. Not even a single thing you like about it? That is okay. As far as using flames, I think they are used way too much. I don't really think there is anything we could do with flames, that hasn't been done before. Go ahead and try something with it though.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Sorry devin, can't say I really like it. I don't know what it is, it just doesn't look like a very good logo for a professional company.

An idea I had was using the theory of evolution picture (caveman evolving into human) only have a baby crawling go into a designer or something.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

On the contrary. If done correctly I think a single flame or torch of some kind would look quite professional.

I like the torch Idea, how about having one little/old torch light a bigger/newer torch with a bigger flame?

I did this in about 5 minutes in paint, but it gets across the idea for a logo...a simple torch but with a PDC in the flame. I tried to make the PDC look like it was natural, but I don't think I did that too well.

pdctry2fx5.png

Archived