• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6 PM WEDNESDAY 11TH: NAME DEADLINE - final name locked

6 PM SATURDAY 14TH: LOGO DEADLINE - primary logo/wordmark locked

6 PM MONDAY 16TH: TEAM DEADLINE - all work sent to me for final presentation

12 AM WEDNESDAY 18TH: FINAL DEADLINE - presentation submitted

All times Eastern (New York)

Ok, these are just provisional deadlines, it might work out that we need more time on certain things. 6 PM seems to be a time that most people could be on the board, but if there's a problem we can make changes.

As for the name, we need one today. OPTIMUS seems to be the front-runner, so I'm going to put this to a vote. PM me either YES or NO on the name OPTIMUS. This isn't to make it a secret ballot, it's just to keep this thread tidy. I'll post who voted for what once all the votes have been cast. Since there are only 7 team members a simple majority will do. If you vote NO, suggest your favourite alternative. If there is a majority NO vote, we'll put together these suggestions and vote on them. Whatever name we end up with, I'd imagine we can add/remove "Design" at the end depending on the application.

Hope this doesn't seem like I'm over-complicating things, but we really need this team name today.

Aiden and Michael have brought up something that hadn't even crossed my mind, which is the precise phrasing of the name. Specifically, are we going to be ______ Designs, Team ______, ______ Inc. or something else. Also there's the issue of the capitalisation, I've grown fond of OPTIMUS in uppercase, but others might have different ideas.

I just voted yes to OPTIMUS. I'm not sure about "designs" or "productions" as it sounds like it depends on the nature of the other challenges. Something like "Corporation" is universally good no matter what the challenges are, and it identifies our team more than our work.

I'm also very fond of the capitalization. As for prefixes and suffixes, I think we should make some logo concepts and see what people do. If one thing is a given, it would be OPTIMUS in all-caps. We'll just see what people come up with from there, especially in the line of suffixes.

Ok people, I've received 4 votes which is a majority (I would have voted the same way anyway) so our team name is:

OPTIMUS

I agree with Jared, let's leave any sundries for now and stick with just OPTIMUS. I think the consensus is that the capitalisation is part of the identity, so use uppercase in your concepts.

I'm really pleased so far, from my end everyone seems to be contributing really well. Let's keep the momentum and the teamwork going. The name is a lock, so let's see some concepts!

I'm not all head-over-heels for the All-caps "OPTIMUS" like everyone else but I don't have a problem with it. I say we go ahead.

(Let's get a bit more activity in here! Red has something like 52 posts when we have 28 or so... and I know that's partly cause more of us have jobs than they do, or so I'm assuming. Just wanted to light the fire a bit.)

Yeah, I think everyone has had loads of great ideas so far, we're doing well so I wouldn't focus too much on what the other team is doing.

As for the phrasing of OPTIMUS, perhaps it's just better to wait and see what concepts we come up with before we make a descision. At the minute I like the capitalisation as the word stands out in every post, but this may become less of an issue once we have an actual logo. At the very least I think we've already created a memorable brand, can't ask for more than that really.

An idea I had for a logo, although my preliminary attempts to recreate it in Illustrator didn't quite turn out the way I wanted it.

A silhouette of a mountain climber on the top of a mountain, with his flag freshly planted in the mountain, and his arms raised up in victory.

It might end up being too intricate/big/whatever, but I thought that it was kind of what we'd want our team to represent... the first to the top.

An idea I had for a logo, although my preliminary attempts to recreate it in Illustrator didn't quite turn out the way I wanted it.

A silhouette of a mountain climber on the top of a mountain, with his flag freshly planted in the mountain, and his arms raised up in victory.

It might end up being too intricate/big/whatever, but I thought that it was kind of what we'd want our team to represent... the first to the top.

I've been working on a couple of ideas...but neither has come out the way I want yet.

The first was a mountain type theme as well, the second was a Zeus-like God shooting lighning into OPTIMUS. Hopefully, I'll have one or both for you by tomorrow.

brewerssig.jpg

Hmm...my design is rather quite simple than the ones mentioned above. Basically, I am just messing with the O...styling it up a little bit so it fits nicely with the actual wordmark. Oh well, I'm interested to see what we all bring to the table.

I'm working on something more simple. I'm thinking of a shape, more like the Nike swoosh or something. I'm working on a textured diamond, but I can't get the texture right. I should have something by tomorrow afternoon. I'm set on my wordmark, though.

Here are my logo and wordmark attempts. I made two combinations (obviously), and the third image (link) is something that I wanted to include should we have a slogan. It also says the fonts that I used.

I used blue-blue gradients for the diamond and the one wordmark (as we are the blue team), but I would like to use sublimated diamonds to fill-in the wordmark if I knew how.

OPTIMUS1.png

OPTIMUS2.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/Shi...aps/OPTIMUS.png

Some good ideas so far. I like the diamond, but it looks too busy for me at minute. What would it look like if you simplified and stylised it a bit?

Here's what I've got so far. I went with some Roman imagery because of the Latin connection. This is still very rough, so keep that in mind.

optimus.png

Archived