CCSLC Apprentice: Blue Team

GFB

ok, i took gingerbreadman's script and added some stuff.

the little bit of green is just for accenent (that color can change)

here it is...

op.png

I, personally, am not a big fan of the font or anything, not necessarily because it is a BAD look, but more because I don't think the look should be too futuristic in any way because the other team is going very futuristic for their look.

Now, I'm not saying we should shy away with something because they are doing it... well, kinda, but not so much in that theory as much as I just think we should have a seperate identity, and we can do really classic for Optimus and make it look good.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, here is my first logo- I have another one similar brewing in my head right now. Basically, I stuck with the Optimus name (didn't like all caps though) we chose and I got to thinking of symbols that meant PERFECT or BEST or GREAT. I was having a few drinks last night and walked past a dart board- voila! A bullseye- perfection in darts and the CENTER of a circle (something constantly going around)- which just so happened to fit.

I didn't know if we agree on a color scheme so I just went with my own as well. I have another concept you will probably see if I can work on it tonight, but it is pretty much the same...only more of a 3-D look. I think this could work because it is simple, elegant, clean, and has the ability for a single logo identity with the "O" and dart.

Thoughts?

Optimus_logo.jpg

Less than a day left before our stuff is locked and we can move on, so as much as I like everything that's been presented, I move that we all make our cases for the identity so we can resolve our logo and wordmark on time.

So, I'd say that we use ColaCock's logos, but there are two things I'd like to see:

1.) Maybe try some different colors. I noticed that both Troy and I used dark blue, and I like the colors that William did as well.

2.) Maybe you could try some things as far as Team, Corporation, Inc., Designs, or anything else that completes the name, lest you want us to be known only as "Optimus."

I also tried something with a bull's-eye, but it did not turn out nearly as well. Good job.

The deadlines in my sig are one I put together just to make sure we had enough time for every element. As we need a business card and presentation layout too, I thought this would give us enough time. But I can extend them if: a ) we need more time on the logo, or b ) we don't need as much time on the other aspects.

That said, I totally agree that we should put this to a vote. As much as we'd all like to incorporate elements of our own designs, when someone completely nails it first go like ColaCock has done, I think we'd be stupid not to use his design.

So ask yourself, "Am I happy to see this logo represent our team on all our future concepts/presentations?" PM me with LOGO as the subject, and vote YES or NO. Don't worry about colours for now, just the logo and font. I realise I forgot to post the results of the last vote, so I'll do that now.

Wow Kurtis, that looks great. I think that would be a nice logo to represent us. However, I think we should experiment with some tweaking with the shapes, the font (Gill Sans looks good but I think we may be able to do a bit better), and the colors. I think this is a great foundation but we should still be open.

Wow Kurtis, that looks great. I think that would be a nice logo to represent us. However, I think we should experiment with some tweaking with the shapes, the font (Gill Sans looks good but I think we may be able to do a bit better), and the colors. I think this is a great foundation but we should still be open.

Yeah, there is always room for some improvement on any design. Personally, I do like Gills Sans...I think it is a classy font without getting too wild and "script-ish". But if you know of a better one, I can try that as well. As far as the shapes go, one thing I wanted to change after I finished the design and posted it was the shape of the dart...I like it all except for the point- dart points do not look like that. It should be about 1/2 the width of the stem of the dart and straight. It looks more like a rocket end or pencil now.

Only problem I forgot to mention is that my AI file is saved on my laptop, which I left at work- and I am home until I go back on Monday. Of course, the design isn't hard to reciprocate so anyone wanting to take a shot in tweaking some things is more than welcome. I am going to *try* and get some color combinations up by tomorrow night if we settle on this logo direction.

Well here I tried to expand on ColaCock's bulls-eye theme. I mixed up the colors a bit for a more classic look and made the font a little more classic. I also put a symbolic bulls-eye in the "O," and added some arrows above it meaning that we're at the top, sorta thing. Hopefully this can help get us closer to something final, maybe mix some things from both these ideas because I think his still looks great and a lot better than mine. I can imagine business cards, etc. with both. Shout out any critiques you have; we need them to get the best possible.

optimus.png

I think my call for a vote was a little premature, and thinking about it we could probably do with longer to come up with a logo. So forget the logo deadline for now, concentrate on the one i've set for Monday, because if the task manager has to put the presentation together I want to make sure I get it right.

I like you're idea GBM, but I'm not a fan of the font at all. Personally, I think that a sans-serif font would look cleaner, but I'm open to other ideas. I like the arrow type idea, but is there perhaps a way to work it into the "O" more, as it looks too much like a circumflex at the minute.

I've been working on some stuff, but it's getting late here, so I'll probably only get it posted tomorrow.

Well, a little past the tentative logo deadline. I can see that we want the best possible logo, but part of me is worried most about the colors. That way, whoever is working on the business card, layout, and anything else we might want to add can start thinking about how they'll want to do it.

Also, I am in support of Kurtis's theme as is, so I worked out a couple of different color schemes here:

OptimusLogosSampler.png

The two on the left are just some cool ones I thought would work. Basically, I think a lighter color would look clean, especially with the font and logo, without looking too futuristic. The first one also uses some "gold," which Jake wanted to see... obviously I didn't make it the primary, but it does look good as an accent. The top-right is William's colors from his logo concept, and the bottom-right is a mix of Troy's and my blue, along with Jake's green.

Here is the list of possible prefixes or suffixes we could use, done in the same style.

OptimusAdders.png

Finally, here is an Illustrator link if someone has AI and wants to tweak the logo. It's pretty accurate, except the white space around the dart is too small. (Sorry GBM, my program doesn't export in .svg)

http://www.mediafire.com/?3rfmnax0ry9

optimuslogo.png

I'm thinking Optimus Corporation is our best bet...and we could use this logo. ColaCock, you could probably make this cleaner. I don't have the font you used, so I fudged around with the O to make the C so I could interlock them. I like the way it looks and I'm liking the green/light blue color scheme, but wouldn't mind navy/light blue.

brewerssig.jpg

Troy I like that thinking but I think it would be better if you put a stroke on the O like the dart has, and frankly I think we could just be plain "Optimus."

Here I basically traced ColaCock's idea, changed the colors to what I had and added an arrow like what I had. I also think the "O" looks kinda like a jewel ring, which is reminiscent of Jared's idea, so I think it works in a lot of our ideas. Thoughts?

optimus2.png

^^^

my only problem with the above design is that I am afraid the O is getting too busy with too many elements. while i like the look of it, i just feel the "bulls eye theme" gets lost.

I do like the colors you have used (except for the very top scheme, the dark bronze with that khaky bugs me for some reason) and think those could work, depending on the direction the group wants to go. The colors you have chosen say FIRM, PROFESSIONAL, EXPERIENCE, SOLID...where as the colors I choose in the original were more of a professional/creative/youth look. I think either could work.

Archived