Strange but true facts

NJTank

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
from what I gather there are a lot of roosters on this board

but....not everybody though

Good ole SharkHatesBrown insulting us from beyond the grave under a hidden identity.

Leave or stay, either way, get it over with.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

SPAM does not stand for

Something

Posing

As

Meat

but Spiced Ham, and it also was invented during one of the World Wars.

All the numbers that are directly across from each other on a six-sided die equal 7. The 6 is straight across from the 1, the 5 from the 2, and the 3 and 4 are across from each other.

Um... that's it off the top of my head. Woohoo.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

in some states -- Highway patrol officers carry 2 gallons of Coca-Cola with them to remove blood stains from the concrete. (dunno the validity of that, but I read it in an email once)

In Tampa, Florida -- it is illegal for a woman to remove her top during a topless dance. Lap dances must also be given six feet away from the patron.

A Philadelphia restaurant was ordered to pay Amber Carson of Lancaster, Pennsylvania, $113,500 after she slipped on a soft drink and broke her coccyx (tail bone). The beverage was on the floor because Ms. Carson had thrown it at her boyfriend 30 seconds earlier during an argument.

IUe6Hvh.png

Yeah... Your sig owns mine though :D

Brandon Lloyd is gonna be a great reciever and I'd love to see Rashaun Woods line-up opposite of him. Let's hope the 49ers draft him, or another reciever that might fall down to there spot with the addition of Mike Williams entering the draft.

IUe6Hvh.png

Actually, yeah, I think he will be great. I really don't understand why the Rams passed him over since they ended up drafting a WR anyway, I really like who the Rams got, but I don't know if he is any better. Of course (and this is unrelated because this happened so long ago, but...) apparently the Rams skipped over Marvin Harrison to draft Eddie Kennison. At least we've drafted Holt since that though.

They are, Abner Doubleday always said he had nothing to do with it.

The Doubleday story in Cooperstown was a romantized legend since it sounds better that a Civil War General when he was young drew up a game in the woods then a group of New York Fireman going over to Hoboken on weekends and playing a game they came up with rules of combining rounders and cricket.

BTW Abner Doubleday is not in the HOF, but ALexander Cartwright the leader of the firemean group that played in Hoboken starting around 1845 is.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The most prolific Yankees uniform number for home runs is #9. Graig Nettles (250), Roger Maris (203), Charlie Keller (125) and Hank Bauer (124) contriubted to the total of 797 dingers hit by Yankee players weraring this number.

It's where I sit.

Archived