Chicago Cubs Concept

mania

Last night, when I was having designer block for the Apprentice logo, and after seeing the Cubs game and hearing some of the feedback, decided to try to work it in to their everyday set. I darkened the blue, killed the pinstripes(which might've been a mistake, even though I hate pinstripes), changed the font, and brought back the underlined road strip. I also went completely the other way with the BP Jersey, jumped head on one of the recent fads, but I couldn't think of another way to make the uniform seperate from the alternates.

Anyways...

cubsearlystuffhs0.png

Hate the Cubs, love this concept. Another navy/red team might not be necessary, but it looks good nonetheless. Would probably look good in royal as well. I was gonna say make the names navy cuz it would look off with a solid red name over a navy number, but it's starting to look appealing to me now. I think the Cubs pinstripes have become traditional, but those homes look great, too. I think either way would work.

Great Job.

seems like something's missing here. the c-bear could stand to grace the home's left sleeve, and likewise the C-ubs should be on the other game jerseys' sleeves. the slightly different C might take a bit of getting used to.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I love the home alternate one, but I can't say I'm feeling the rest of this set. It just doesn't feel like Cubs to me.

However, it is never easy trying to give a historic team a new look, so I commend your courage and I think it's a good concept, I just can't picture the Cubs ditching what they have.

High Quality Entertainment for the masses.

DiamondbacksSig.pngsuperbowlxliii-1.png

I'm not that big of a fan of the stripe underneath 'Chicago', but I understand completely why you did it. I am just like you, I hate pinstripes. I like how you took a team that is identified by them, and made it look real classy.

Road and road alternate are fantastic, though I'd like to see a brighter blue (yeah, I know that the tbtcs use navy.)

I don't feel that the home is any improvement though - history be damned - the Cubs look great in royal pinstripes. I'm also not a fan of the Cubs having a home alt.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Cubs can go off themselves (jk) but I love this set. I always wished the Cubs would use a darker alternate just becuase the blue they have now looks kinda weird in afternoon home games, especially with the red lettering. It makes it kind of hard to read.

2IA3b.png

Not a cubs fan, but great work with this...love the wordmark. great job.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

I really am digging all the uniforms, and the primary logo kicks ass. By the way, what template did you use for the jerseys? It looks really good too.

It's Swiss' baseball template, found in the stickied thread, but I traced it in Illustrator a couple of months ago... made it easier to drop/change things.

Archived