U.S. Men's Olympic Basketball

leopard88

Not sure if it's the same as the 'We The People' design but Nike did something simular with the US Track & Field qualifications in Eugene, OR and they look awesome!

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/beijing/p...&prov=getty

It does look like the basketball teams' version of the graphic is on the back, but I believe the front uses a different graphic. Good find!

And is it just me, or do those track suits remind you of Zubaz?

Now that you mention it.....

It's the "We the People" on the front too. Its from the bottom portion of the full view. There is a "heartish" shape with thornes around it. Pretty sweet that the whole USA Olympic team (all sports) seem to be coordinating.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think these are actually some of the better unis the national team has worn. Not sure how I feel about the same-colored names on the back. Either make them completely visible or don't use them at all (I'd prefer the later) but it could be worse.

But since we're on the topic, am I the only one that wishes the jerseys would say "United States" instead of "USA." Isn't that really just the equivalent of the Phoenix Suns' "PHX" jerseys?

I think these are actually some of the better unis the national team has worn. Not sure how I feel about the same-colored names on the back. Either make them completely visible or don't use them at all (I'd prefer the later) but it could be worse.

But since we're on the topic, am I the only one that wishes the jerseys would say "United States" instead of "USA." Isn't that really just the equivalent of the Phoenix Suns' "PHX" jerseys?

Not really. I don't think I've ever seen "United States" on a jersey for any sport (though I'm sure someone can find a pic and prove me wrong.)

It's more like UK or USSR than a simple airport abbreviation.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

I like that United We Rise logo. Between that and the Don't Tread On Me badge from the US Soccer team, I'm comfortable with Nike designing things for our national teams.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

I like that United We Rise logo. Between that and the Don't Tread On Me badge from the US Soccer team, I'm comfortable with Nike designing things for our national teams.

agreed, thats pretty sweet lookin...i'd really like a shirt or hat with that.

Nike just needs to show this effort across the board in all sports now.

• 2 weeks later...
I guess Olympic numbers just don't mean that much to me, they have 'em for just two weeks.

I respectfully disagree. I remember thinking #9 was a really cool number when Jordan wore it in the '92 Olympics. I like knowing the other numbers that athletes wear other than their usual numbers. Like Jordan wearing 12, and 45 with the Bulls and 45 with the Birmingham Barons. I think a number is important to an athlete even if it is used for just two weeks during the Olympics.

After seeing them in-action, the jerseys have grown on me. The back "tattoo"-design is still sorta weird tho. It looks incomplete and it feels like it should cover up more of the back or it should be used as more of a side paneling.

The same color name plates are, I believe, more of a symbolic design choice than anything else. It's the whole "the name on the front is more important than the name on the back" moral to coincide w/ the new, cohesive team philosophy USA basketball has adopted. Still, if they were going down that road, I think it would've been cooler if they just went sans name plate all together to really emphasize the point.

Archived