2008 MLB All-Star Game

Cujo

You wont see Rivera Francona I think is going to keep him in the pen to stick it to the fans that booed Pamplebum otherwise I cant understand why hes not out there now.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, in order to win this game in the 9th, the NL will have to score off of either K-Rod or Rivera.

Thanks for stating the obvious.

You haven't been hanging out with McCarver, have ya?

6uXNWAo.png

So, in order to win this game in the 9th, the NL will have to score off of either K-Rod or Rivera.

Dammit all.

K-Rod can be wild and walk a few guys from time to time. He seems to always have runners on when the Angels game's highlight shows the final out being recorded

280715131_NationalLeague_AmericanLeague_93049415_lbig.png

What's the chart all about? ... Fan interest?

Hah, no. Fangraphs.com... this one is about probability of winning. http://www.fangraphs.com/livewins.aspx?gameid=280715131

Did that ground rule double hit that guy in the nuts?

Yes, and I thought I was DVR recording it but the DVR thought the game would end at 11 and because of that stupid ceremony-thing it's not even close... stupid fox.

Thanks for stating the obvious.

You haven't been hanging out with McCarver, have ya?

I'm just acclimating myself to the fact that there's a slim chance that the NL will win this game, unless Rivera blows it.

This is starting to feel scripted.

NL leads, AL ties it, NL takes lead late, AL ties it late, Rivera comes in top of 9th in a tie game, next thing you know AL scores in the bottom of the 9th to get the win for Rivera.

Farfetched? Perhaps. Is it the storyline MLB wanted? You betcha.

and Ludwick is wearing his home batting helmet with his road uniform. Paul Lucas is going nuts right now.

Ditto for Aramis Ramirez.

I didn't bother to notice if the other Cubs players wore their home helmets as well.

6uXNWAo.png

Wow, it's the 9th already. Was it that quick of a game thus far, or am I just paying that little attention?

Anyone got an idea for the MVP yet, or will it be the guy who wins the game? It's tough to pick.

and Ludwick is wearing his home batting helmet with his road uniform. Paul Lucas is going nuts right now.

thinking Ludwicks helmet is a Phillies helmet with the road STL logo slapped on it, Albert was wearing a blue coolflow helmet though which the Cardinals as a team dont have.

thinking Ludwicks helmet is a Phillies helmet with the road STL logo slapped on it, Albert was wearing a blue coolflow helmet though which the Cardinals as a team dont have.

Yeah not only was it the home helmet it was the road sticker, red on red. I'm with you it is a Phillies helmet with a road sticker, but Pujols had a navy road helmet but maybe to big or small a head.

Yep, it's not a Cards helmet.

MLB is I guess making them wear CoolFlo helmets.

That's a road Cardinals decal (red logo, white outline, intended to be on navy blue) on top of the red helmet CoolFlo helmet (which the Cards don't use).

Looked ridiculous.

kinda wish the Cards would go back to the red hats and helmets on the road but thats a different topic

Archived