2008 MLB All-Star Game

Cujo

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Kinsler beat the throw.

I forget who hit it, but in the 2nd the Ichiro to Jeter throw and subsequent was a split second after his foot hit the bag. Pujols or Jones perhaps? No sympathy for the AL from this party...2 more outs, come on NL...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Selig has to be in his suite right now drinking shots of Jack with the situation it's in right now.

Edit: They just showed him on TV a second ago and he was just dumbfounded.

If they don't have some kind of plan if this game keeps going Selig will officially be the dumbest man in sports. With all the crap that he took for the tie in 2002, you would think that some kind of plan would be in place for future all star games.

I don't see what the big deal is with wiping every player's slate clean and then letting them re-enter the game. I mean it is the all-star game, not the world series. You can suspend the rules in order to have a winner. That's what I thought they should've done with the 02 game in Milwuakee .

PvO6ZWJ.png

On second look...Navarro looked safe.

did look pretty close but a bang bang play

Navarro was safe at home, as was Kinsler on the stolen base attempt earlier in the inning.

I could've seen the umps throwing the game for the AL in this situation, but not for the NL.

6uXNWAo.png

Selig has to be in his suite right now drinking shots of Jack with the situation it's in right now.

Edit: They just showed him on TV a second ago and he was just dumbfounded.

If they don't have some kind of plan if this game keeps going Selig will officially be the dumbest man in sports. With all the crap that he took for the tie in 2002, you would think that some kind of plan would be in place for future all star games.

I don't see what the big deal is with wiping every player's slate clean and then letting them re-enter the game. I mean it is the all-star game, not the world series. You can suspend the rules in order to have a winner. That's what I thought they should've done with the 02 game in Milwuakee .

I think the problem is more pitchers, having a pitcher come back into a game I'm sure isn't good for his arm. Even if you could have Halladay or Saunders or Nathan re-enter that game, warming them back up & putting them back out would probably not be a good idea, or go over well with their managers if they got injured.

CanadiensBanners.jpg

banners-1-1.jpg

Complaining about the call is relatively worthless.

Umps have long sense called on the arrival of the throw and not the application of the tag.

It's not right, but it's lame to only complain about it now. It's already effected both sides tonight.

I didn't complain, merely made an observation. I know calls are botched all the time, it's part of the human element that makes baseball so great.

Archived