2008 MLB All-Star Game

Cujo

Again, as a Met fan, I feel I have to apologize for Billy Wagner for allowing this game to have gone past 9 innings...

I'm sorry.

and I feel responsible for Edinson Volquez's role in this whole thing as he was the only Red present at the all-star game.

Sorry everyone.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can you imagine this being a tie? We'd have to keep Selieg from sharp objects for a few months.

I honestly can't see this game going past the 16th inning. Francona and MLB would be doing a disservice to the Orioles and Rays by over-pitching Sherril (who's already pitched 2.1 innings, his longest appearance this year) and pitching Kazmir on 1-day rest and risking an arm injury to a guy who's been on the DL already this year. I would be highly pissed if Kazmir gets hurt if I'm in the Rays' front office and costs Tampa a chance to make the playoffs.

You might get 2 innings out of Kazmir, at most, if that at all.

Pitch Drew then and move Guillen to the OF?

Francona's not going to allow a fielder to pitch, unless it amounts to beer-league softball lobs....

Again, as a Met fan, I feel I have to apologize for Billy Wagner for allowing this game to have gone past 9 innings...

I'm sorry.

and I feel responsible for Edinson Volquez's role in this whole thing as he was the only Red present at the all-star game.

Sorry everyone.

Any Marlins fans care to step up while we're at it?...

6uXNWAo.png

I'm sorry.

Sorry everyone.

I'm sorry, too, since I didn't let Brian McCann hit in this game and end this innings ago.....

I'm sorry.

Sorry everyone.

I'll apologize for JD Drew's shot, as the game would be over now.

..Now hopefully he gets MVP by doing something in the bottom of the 15th.

I'm sorry.

Sorry everyone.

Any Marlins fans care to step up while we're at it?...

What's a "Marlin fan"?

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I'm stunned at how many people have left...especially with how much lots of the tickets were...

I know people have work and whatnot, but this is the All-Star game, lots of these people paid upwards of $1,000, and I'm just surprised at how few people are still there...

The people still in the stadium are real fans. The people who left were corporate bigwigs who came for the pre-game party and because they had a ticket and had to leave after the 9th inning so as not to miss the after parties. They really couldn't give a rat's ass.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Some one who is made of plastic and orange and looks like a seat Dolphin fans sit in during football season.

Their cousins are painted red and fill the Prudential Center.....

Yeah, or you could've just quipped that the Dolphins can't even sell out a home playoff game when they're not busy going 1-15...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Nice catch by Ryan Ludwig.

Why, Ludwick? Why?

That is exactly what I'm saying. (Sorry about the misspelling of Ludwick, the announcers have been pronouncing it like, Ludwig.)

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

If it does end up a tie, once again, it will be because there was really no other option.

Some of the things Selig gets flack for are just silly.

You couldn't blame him as much in 02 because there was no other option & the situation never came up before. However, you would think after what happened in Milwaukee that Selig would have something prepared for future all star games. In 02 you couldn't see that coming, but since then you have to expect it.

CanadiensBanners.jpg

banners-1-1.jpg

All of Bud Selig's people are in his ear telling him right now "when they run out of pitchers and this ends in a tie, whatever you do, don't shrug your shoulders and throw up your hands. Just act like the plan has been in place the whole time."

PvO6ZWJ.png

At this point, I don't see how an American League win would be better than a tie game ... that is unless you're a fan of the Yankees and Bud Selig.

C'mon Lidge, don't screw this up dammit!

6uXNWAo.png

Archived