2008 MLB All-Star Game

Cujo

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some one who is made of plastic and orange and looks like a seat Dolphin fans sit in during football season.

Their cousins are painted red and fill the Prudential Center.....

Yeah, or you could've just quipped that the Dolphins can't even sell out a home playoff game when they're not busy going 1-15...

The Dolphins haven't won 3 titles in recent history, nor do they have the same populous that a suburb of New York City does.

A Devils fan has no right to speak about other poorly-attended venues.

Crap again. JD Drew (a.k.a. Dodger bum turned Red Sox hero) wins MVP. Could tonight get any worse?

lol the guy who refused to be a Phillie wins the MVP and a Phillie is a LOSER may this spell the second half of losing for the Cheese Steaks of Loseadelphia.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

That might be as close as the NL gets for a while now. -sigh-

I guess its kinda cool that the one time I actually watch the whole All-Star Game, THIS happens.

Crap again. JD Drew (a.k.a. Dodger bum turned Red Sox hero) wins MVP. Could tonight get any worse?

lol the guy who refused to be a Phillie wins the MVP and a Phillie is a LOSER may this spell the second half of losing for the Cheese Steaks of Loseadelphia.

Wouldn't it be sweet revenge for you guys if the Mets came back from a big deficit in September to overtake the Phillies?

espnsig.gif

Some one who is made of plastic and orange and looks like a seat Dolphin fans sit in during football season.

Their cousins are painted red and fill the Prudential Center.....

Yeah, or you could've just quipped that the Dolphins can't even sell out a home playoff game when they're not busy going 1-15...

The Dolphins haven't won 3 titles in recent history, nor do they have the same populous that a suburb of New York City does.

A Devils fan has no right to speak about other poorly-attended venues.

Neither does a Braves fan who cant sell out a playoff game at Turner's Ego Field

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Neither does a Braves fan who cant sell out a playoff game at Turner's Ego Field

Braves fans are smart enough to not start making attendance jokes about other teams when their own are guilty of the same. We aren't hypocritical like that.

When I watched the pregame ceremony and they got to center fielders I wondered where the hell was Duke Snider. Back in the 1950's the big three in New York were Willie, Mickey and Duke Snider. Now I know since Mantle is dead he couldn't be there but why was Snider not, being that he is still alive. It was nice to see Ralph "when I was dating Marilyn Monroe" Kiner though.

Second, MLB started the game too late. No one was left in the stands because they had to work in the morning or if they used public transportation they had to get back to catch a train or they micht be left in the city all night. Grand Central closes at 1 AM and the LIRR runs very infrequently from about 1-4 AM. The game ended at nearly 11 on the West Coast. First pitch should be at 7:30 or no later than 8.

Well I dont know why you are worried about what I said about Marlin fans you continue to be obsessed with my posts, when it was just a joke.

I'm not worried or obsessed about your posts, I'm just calling you out for being hypocritical when you're making your jokes. You'll make up any excuse in the book about the Devils' attendance woes, but then turn around and make similar jokes about the Marlins, Braves, etc. But I digress.....

Hopefully, this All-Star Game will put an end to this "This One Counts" nonsense about tying an exhibition game to home-field for the World Series. It should be determined by most wins, just like the playoff series victors are determined.

Crap. Why don't they just contract the National League already? It'll never win another All Star game or World Series as long as the DH is in the AL only.

And don't give me the 06 Cards, that was a major fluke.

Signed,

A frustrated fan of an NL team that will also never win a WS anytime soon.

1) Hard Salary Cap

2) Expansion so the AL also has 16 teams

3) Watch the leagues magically start being more competitive with each other.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

They really need to get rid of the home field advantage rule for the All-Star game, and just make it an exhibition again. Its stupid to have Kazmir and Webb pitch after pitching over 100 pitches on Sunday, and to have Sherrill pitch 2.1 innings (when he had been ineffective last week and could have used the rest). The injury risks could ruin a teams season. Ending the game in a tie sucks, but it really is (well should be) a meaningless exhibition game.

They really need to get rid of the home field advantage rule for the All-Star game, and just make it an exhibition again. Its stupid to have Kazmir and Webb pitch after pitching over 100 pitches on Sunday, and to have Sherrill pitch 2.1 innings (when he had been ineffective last week and could have used the rest). The injury risks could ruin a teams season. Ending the game in a tie sucks, but it really is (well should be) a meaningless exhibition game.

If they don't want to pitch, they shouldn't be there.

MOD EDIT: Completely unnecessary.

Come talk to me when the Phillies lose 120 games in a season.

philly.png

Tank's talkin' big for a man who said he was done with this team and this season about ten times last month

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

How about the 1964 collapse instead?

I saw, I came, I left.

And to think, it looked like the NL would finally break that streak.

How do you blow a 2-0 lead when the NL's pitchers were playing lights out... Oh, and whoever can come up with said excuse, please refrain from blaming a team for it. It's the All-Star Game, being on said team doesn't matter.

Archived