2008 MLB All-Star Game

Cujo

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"We've heard this music a lot tonight!"

Shouldn't that have been Tim McCarver's line?

McCarver had his dentures out, or surely he would have gotten to it first.

6uXNWAo.png

I'm stunned at how many people have left...especially with how much lots of the tickets were...

I know people have work and whatnot, but this is the All-Star game, lots of these people paid upwards of $1,000, and I'm just surprised at how few people are still there...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I'm stunned at how many people have left...especially with how much lots of the tickets were...

I know people have work and whatnot, but this is the All-Star game, lots of these people paid upwards of $1,000, and I'm just surprised at how few people are still there...

Well, think of it this way: They paid $1000 for nine innings, and have gotten an extra 5 so far.

If it does end up a tie, once again, it will be because there was really no other option.

Some of the things Selig gets flack for are just silly.

We've gotta place blame on somebody. Afterall, it's the American way!

:flagusa:

6uXNWAo.png

Can you imagine this being a tie? We'd have to keep Selieg from sharp objects for a few months.

I honestly can't see this game going past the 16th inning. Francona and MLB would be doing a disservice to the Orioles and Rays by over-pitching Sherril (who's already pitched 2.1 innings, his longest appearance this year) and pitching Kazmir on 1-day rest and risking an arm injury to a guy who's been on the DL already this year. I would be highly pissed if Kazmir gets hurt if I'm in the Rays' front office and costs Tampa a chance to make the playoffs.

You might get 2 innings out of Kazmir, at most, if that at all.

Can you imagine this being a tie? We'd have to keep Selieg from sharp objects for a few months.
I honestly can't see this game going past the 16th inning. Francona and MLB would be doing a disservice to the Orioles and Rays by over-pitching Sherril (who's already pitched 2.1 innings, his longest appearance this year) and pitching Kazmir on 1-day rest and risking an arm injury to a guy who's been on the DL already this year. I would be highly pissed if Kazmir gets hurt if I'm in the Rays' front office and costs Tampa a chance to make the playoffs.

You might get 2 innings out of Kazmir, at most, if that at all.

Pitch Drew then and move Guillen to the OF?

LvZYtbZ.png

Archived