2008 Dallas Cowboys ticket design

rainmaker17

I received my Cowboys tickets today and as many predicted the theme pays homage to the final year at Texas Stadium. The light blue parts below actually appear metallic silver. I think they look nice. Sorry for the poor scan.

dctx.jpg

While I was separating the ticket sheets into individual game piles I couldn't locate the tenth (or final) game set, until I realized the nice looking postcard on each sheet WAS the tenth ticket. Pretty unique if you ask me.

big10.jpg

newsig.jpg

Is that the normal way the Cowboys package their tickets? I have seen other season ticket packages for the NFL that the background is one big image. I think that would have looked better with a large image of Texas Stadium. Plus I really think they should have members of the Ring of Honor on the tickets instead of current players. Also both Yankee Stadium and Texas Stadium close out the regular season against teams from Baltimore for what ever that is worth. I guess they thought they would be easy wins.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Is that the normal way the Cowboys package their tickets? I have seen other season ticket packages for the NFL that the background is one big image. I think that would have looked better with a large image of Texas Stadium. Plus I really think they should have members of the Ring of Honor on the tickets instead of current players. Also both Yankee Stadium and Texas Stadium close out the regular season against teams from Baltimore for what ever that is worth. I guess they thought they would be easy wins.

The Cowboys tickets have been "themed" in some form on and off for the last several years. Last season featured Super Bowl moments, one year was an Emmitt tribute, another a Landry tribute and so on. I'm almost positive there was a Ring of Honor year.

I'm puzzled about Baltimore too. Not about the quality of the opponent, but the fact that the Ravens are in no way considered a Dallas rival (and vice versa). A division foe would much more appropriate for this particular game.

newsig.jpg

The Cowboys tickets have been "themed" in some form on and off for the last several years. Last season featured Super Bowl moments, one year was an Emmitt tribute, another a Landry tribute and so on. I'm almost positive there was a Ring of Honor year.

I'm puzzled about Baltimore too. Not about the quality of the opponent, but the fact that the Ravens are in no way considered a Dallas rival (and vice versa). A division foe would much more appropriate for this particular game.

I think the link is Super Bowl V. I know it is a weak link, but Texas Stadium was opened in '71 and that was the the year Super Bowl V was played. Sure a rival would have been a better choice, but it is what it is.

The Yankee / Oriole connection is much more of a link. With the original American League Orioles moving to NY to become the Highlanders/Yankees, and this guy named Babe Ruth.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I was thinking the same thing. You'd think the league would have found some way to line up the Redskins for the final game. Maybe they thought Baltimore, being only 50 miles or so from D.C., was close enough? :rolleyes:

As a side note, to make matters worse, I see the last Texas Stadium game is being carried by the NF'nL Network! :angered:

CCSLC signature.png

I had to go back to look at mine.

2000 theme was a tribute to Tom Landry

2002 theme was Emmitt

2003 theme was similar to this season's, but featured former players (e.g. Woodson, Deion)

2004 theme was program covers from games (wins) verses that opponent.

Raiders tickets get mailed later this week, but they are pretty generic.

I think the link is Super Bowl V. I know it is a weak link, but Texas Stadium was opened in '71 and that was the the year Super Bowl V was played.

Can't see SBV as any kind of link. It was Baltimore, yes, but the Colts, and the Cowboys lost.

Have to agree that the NFL schedule-makers blew this one. With a division rival, especially the Eagles or Giants, the last game might have turned out to be for the division title or a playoff spot. That would have been awesome. Cowboys-Ravens in a game that could well be for nothing and have lots of starters sitting? Meh.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

For $100 a seat, Jessica Simpson shouldn't only be on the ticket, but she should be naked on the ticket.

You should see what it will cost for tickets to the new stadium.

Archived