Oklahoma City Thunder Concept

AAO

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That color scheme is too close to what the cavs already have. I have a feeling they'll some kind of burnt orange, pewter and maybe some red.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Meh, close to the Cavs colors or not, it's probably far better than what they will end up having.

I adore the primary logo. It's just great. The T logo is also very strong. The OKC wordmark, though seems like a very bland font and it's hard to tell what is on the top half(and knowing that it's the basketball thing, that gets a little repetitive in itself, being in all 3 logos). Just doesn't fit in with the rest of the identity. I think you should ditch it and make a new wordmark out of the script you used for the aways, that could look very very good and tie it all together(most importantly). Also I think you should move the T on the pants down to the burnt orange part, and put one above the names on the backs. Plus I'm not sold on the number font. Overall it is extremely strong and with a few alterations I think it would be amazing.

I think you just made me like the choice Thunder. I agree with gingerbreadmann about the OKC wordmark, but the primary and T logos are fantastic. I really like the jerseys. The only thing I would recommend would be to move the T down to the bottom of the shorts. Overall though, great job.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

That color scheme is too close to what the cavs already have. I have a feeling they'll some kind of burnt orange, pewter and maybe some red.

I can assure you with no hesitation what so ever, that no Oklahoma based sports franchise will ever use burnt orange as their primary color, secondary color, or any kind of color.

few things bugging me...While i think with some extra time/attention the cloudburst/ball logo would be perfect, i think you've overused the same element of the logo (the ball), seeing as it's in each of the logos from primary downward.

I'd say play with some other ideas for the OKC mark, seeing as i prefer the ball with the T. Thunder is pretty vague of a nickname, I'm sure theres some creative options out there if you put the time into looking for them.

and i remember this logo when you used it for the "blast" or something. haha i forget what it was for though.

unis are nice at best. a little overcomplicated for my tastes, but that's your style and i can see why you did it.

good (almost there as always) work. haha

I can assure you with no hesitation what so ever, that no Oklahoma based sports franchise will ever use burnt orange as their primary color, secondary color, or any kind of color.

I second that comment...

I really like this Ian... maybe your best work to date...

I kinda have to agree with the colors, is there any chance we could see it in their real colors: sky blue, red, and white?

This is a unique and well done design. I know where you are going with it. I really like the wordmark a lot. Shows a lot of action/storminess. However, the lightning bursting off in all directions makes me think this is better for a team called the Blast, Nitro, Xplosion, etc. That's more like an explosion than cloud with lightning to me. Or if you could concentrate the blasts downward that might help, but it may lose something. A lot of your secondary logos would be out the window.

The unis are cool as per your usual. Home numbers are a bit hard to read, though. The roads look greatest.

I really like this Ian... maybe your best work to date...

I kinda have to agree with the colors, is there any chance we could see it in their real colors: sky blue, red, and white?

They'll be in the Western Conference, so it's actually going to be navy, powder blue, and yellow. :D

AAO, these are sick! Great work. I for one, like the ball being in every logo. But what I like MOST of all, is this: we've seen NFLE's THunder, and Minor League Baseball's Thunder. I thought both of those were were REALLY good logo sets (espescially Trenton's old Imperial Eagle logo). But you took this in a completely different direction, with the "explosion" motif. Excellent.

applogosig17.pngapplogosig16bychapeeko.png

Courtesy chapeeko

Thanks for the feedback people.

I'll play with some other options for the secondaries.

Greg, yes, indeed it is a derivative of the Blast concept.

slaps, no I haven't given up on the Barons/Kings...since I found out that the OKC NBA team will indeed be named 'Thunder', I decided to go with the given name.

And for those saying the logo resonates more to a blast than thunder:

thun·der Pronunciation Key - Pronunciation[thuhn-der]

–noun

1. a loud, explosive, resounding noise produced by the explosive expansion of air heated by a lightning discharge.

Funny...when I looked up Thunder on dictionary.com, a banner at the top from the NBAStore was promoting Sonics gear and a Durant jersey popped up.

Archived