New Syracuse Uniforms for 2008

jimsimo

I actually watched their game against Northwestern. This is the best uni combo that they have had in years. I love the three-stripe pants. I only wish that they went with a more stylized 'S' on the helmet to make them more distinctive. Good, dare I write it, "classic" look.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

I think I finally like Syracuse's look now. Solid, clean, traditional...upgrade.

Next year they add highlighter or neon green clash kits for road games, but hey...at least we can speculate on who's going to sponsor their look each year. :D

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

New Syracuse in action:

41977617.jpg

More here: Northwestern-Syracuse

At first I didn't like the outline on the S, but it works with the rest of the uni. Personally, I still like last year's. I thought taking away the white outlines might be an HD thing (Steelers throwback, Dodgers).

(And Northwestern's are the same as last year, right? Something looks off, but it might just be the block numbers and lack of black neck and sleeve trim that still remains on the versions being sold around here. But that was the case last year, too.)

i never got why they put a small number decal on the back of their helmets that was only a slightly different orange than their helmets.

NicholasPressureSyracuse.JPG

This was honestly my favorite Syracuse uniform set.

• 2 weeks later...

^ yeah I loved that set they used last year...they could've at least tried to stick with that a few years....very traditional and distinctive...

I think the NCAA needs to adopt some new rule where you have to keep jerseys for a certain number of years before you can change...cause some NCAA teams change their uniforms EVERY YEAR and that :censored: is annoying and unnecessary

This is by far their best uniform EVER, not just since the updates. The block "S" looks sharp, the uniforms don't clash. If they could just get a decent team on the field they would be all right.

No, this is:

mcnabb4.jpg

33-97746-F.jpg

Actually...those are two different sets of jerseys. The road uniform is from McNabb's freshman year in 1995. It was the last year they wore that set that they began wearing in, I believe, 1988. Notice the screened-on numbers and the non-shadow outline. Here's a shot of Marvin Harrison in the home set.

harrison.jpg

The home jersey is from the set they wore from 1996 through the end of the Coach P era in 2004. The numbers were sewn-on with a drop shadow. And the numbers on the road set were orange with a navy blue outline instead of the other way around...

mcnabb2.jpg

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

Archived