New Syracuse Uniforms for 2008

jimsimo

their budget must be large considering they are constantly changing small tweaks to the uni each year....i mean other then us on this board who actually look at the uniforms in detail, these changes probably go unnoticed to the fans for the most part...its just crazy that in them changing things so often, that they are more or less keeping the general design of the uniforms completely the same

Miami.png

So The Swoosh is Syracuse's outfitter.

Okay, so wait: you mean to tell me that Nike, the same company who's spent so much painstaking time developing all these new jersey templates, with all these oddly-shaped panels and such, producing oddities such as the "Bronco swoosh" (which, as I understand it, was designed specifically to resemble an actual swoosh on players), still has SU in a "classic, traditional" jersey cut?

I only bring this up for this reason: those god-awful-ass truncated shoulder loops. I mean, done right (i.e. wrapping the whole way around), they'd actually look good. But I can't stand the truncated loops on the Colts, the UCLA Bruins, and definitely no here. With all the "innovation" Nike does with their products, one would think they could have found a way to get those loops to wrap all the way around--hell, a few of the Carolina Panthers' shoulder strips wrap at least mostly around.

What gives???

As to the uniform style itself, it ain't bad. Can't wait to see what next year's uniforms will look like.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

It's always bothered me that the football jerseys have never come close to matching the basketball jerseys, especially since they've been changing BOTH on a yearly basis. Maybe next year's change will take care of that.

Even if the team's abysmal performance wasn't enough to suppress merchandise sales, who would even buy a Syracuse football jersey if there's a good chance it's going to be outdated in a couple of months?

These are keepers I think.

I kinda liked the no-white look.

But then I came to my senses and realized how hideous they were.

Are they going to wear the same helmets? Because I think they should just go back to these, and maybe add a normal sized "S" outlined in white..?

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Finally white was added to the blue Syracuse unis. I really like how they look. I hated last year's white-less jerseys and they completely brought down the set. Now with these improved blue jerseys, Syracuse has jerseys that I wouldn't mind seeing in use ten years from now.

Looks good, but it's well known that they're going to yet another jersey next season. How bout just go with something that looks like the lacrosse jerseys? I know that means going to orange as a primary home jersey, but that team looks good and the piping's actually done well IMO

*OFF-TOPIC* Which btw one of these days I gotta talk about how every HS lacrosse team on Long Island it seems got new jerseys with the same exact template, my team included. Now thats the RBK Edge nightmare come true right there

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

I must say that their helmets look a lot better this year than last. I hated -- HATED -- the idea of putting the block "S" on the helmets, and thought it looked like crap last year. This year there is a white trim around the "S" and it looks a lot better on the helmet than it did last year.

Big improvement if you ask me. Although I still liked the numbers on the helmets, Alabama-style

They just don't look right to me suiting up in classic-style uniforms while playing under the Carrier Dome. I thought that the McNabb-era set was perfect for them.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Are they going to wear the same helmets? Because I think they should just go back to these, and maybe add a normal sized "S" outlined in white..?

That's just about what they did:

Helmet.jpg

The stripe is blue and white, as it was previously, seen better here:

helmetwhite.JPG

their budget must be large considering they are constantly changing small tweaks to the uni each year....i mean other then us on this board who actually look at the uniforms in detail, these changes probably go unnoticed to the fans for the most part...its just crazy that in them changing things so often, that they are more or less keeping the general design of the uniforms completely the same

I'm fairly certain that it doesn't affect the budget because they have to buy new uniforms every year anyway. I'm mostly guessing, but considering so many college teams (even the lower level ones) constantly change their uniforms I don't think it'll bust the budget.

Also, the new Syracuse uniforms look MUCH better than last year's. I especially like the upgraded helmet.

Archived