NBA All Star 2009 logo set

Conrad.

I know there's a thread for the primary logo, but I figured I'd start a fresh one for discussion of the whole set.

Here's the primary:

AS09main.gif

And the 4 accompanying alternate/secondary logos:

AS09alts.gif

I wish the Suns would change the whole uniform identity to suit these logos and that uniform on the gorilla. Everything looks good espcially both star logos.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

• 1 month later...
What's with the Gorilla holding the short-lived-style NBA ball?

I recently read on ESPN that, while there is no plan to bring back the composite ball to the NBA, they are considering switching to the 2-panel design.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3575912

That would be the "Money Ball" that's used in the 3-point shootout. The one for New Orleans was teal and yellow.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

I love the gorilla, but what's the reference? Their mascot?

You've been living under which large rock, Goth? ;)

http://www.azpbs.org/exclusive/grfx/sunsgorilla_big.jpg

I thought everyone knew "Go-rilla." He was even an unlockable character in NBA Jam AND the inaugural member of the Mascot Hall of Fame (I kid you not).

EDIT: Here he is in an interesting picture... the logo on his shirt is similar to the All-Star one.

DSC_1200.JPG

I'm liking those logos, and I'm looking forward to see the jerseys. Sometimes I kinda wish they'd use the host team's colors for the jerseys, kinda like how the MLB All-Star Game's host team's colors are used for the BP jerseys. The standard red and blue coloring (w/ some neutral coloring like white or gold or something) gets a bit boring.

I'm liking those logos, and I'm looking forward to see the jerseys. Sometimes I kinda wish they'd use the host team's colors for the jerseys, kinda like how the MLB All-Star Game's host team's colors are used for the BP jerseys. The standard red and blue coloring (w/ some neutral coloring like white or gold or something) gets a bit boring.

As long as they don't do these again; believe it or not, these were opposite teams.

GA21.jpg

I have to say, I really like these logos. OK, maybe not the gorilla one, but it's not AWFUL. I think the designers did a great job on these. GO SUNS!!

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

Logos look great...hopefully the jersey on the Gorilla logo is close to what is being produced...it looks sharp!

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

• 2 weeks later...

Little tidbit in the East Valley Tribune today about the All-Star floor

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/127515

HOLDING COURT

The Suns will be using a brand-new court for the outdoor game on Saturday in Indian Wells, Calif. And that same court, which will be blank for the Suns-Denver Nuggets game, will be painted and used for All-Star weekend and the 58th annual NBA All-Star Game, which will be held Feb. 15 at US Airways Center.

Welts said the court won’t stay in Phoenix, but will be sold in pieces through the NBA as memorabilia.

the Suns/Nuggets pre-season outdoor game is this Saturday 10 pm/est on TNT

arizonawildcatsbs4.png

Archived