Madden's photoshop'd cover

fkaKrock5cent

To those who have already printed it...

How the heck do you have it scaled to actually be the same size as the original cover? In Acrobat, it's about 2/3 the size, and thus far I've only been able to capture the image and print as a scaled image in photoshop. Is there a way to import into illustrator, or is there something I haven't thought of?

Why not just open the PDF in Illustrator? PDFs are completely editable in Illustrator.

Completely editable? The PDF is made up of both raster and vector elements. I wonder if the acrobat settings are scaling the file down.

The raster images in the PDF aren't exactly in high resolution to begin with. A slight resize isn't going to make it look any worse. And I highly doubt any of the casual gamers in here are going to use a production-level printer to expose the decreased quality of Brett Favre.

I was challenging your claim of completely editable. Many think that just because a file is PDF means it's vector and can be scaled. This cover would be more of a photoshop task.

Well, surely all the vector elements are 'completely editable'. Perhaps I was too quick to assume most people on a sports logo discussion/design board would know that Illustrator is a vector-based software capable of completely editing vector elements.

Wade-sig.png

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To those who have already printed it...

How the heck do you have it scaled to actually be the same size as the original cover? In Acrobat, it's about 2/3 the size, and thus far I've only been able to capture the image and print as a scaled image in photoshop. Is there a way to import into illustrator, or is there something I haven't thought of?

Why not just open the PDF in Illustrator? PDFs are completely editable in Illustrator.

Completely editable? The PDF is made up of both raster and vector elements. I wonder if the acrobat settings are scaling the file down.

The raster images in the PDF aren't exactly in high resolution to begin with. A slight resize isn't going to make it look any worse. And I highly doubt any of the casual gamers in here are going to use a production-level printer to expose the decreased quality of Brett Favre.

I was challenging your claim of completely editable. Many think that just because a file is PDF means it's vector and can be scaled. This cover would be more of a photoshop task.

Well, surely all the vector elements are 'completely editable'. Perhaps I was too quick to assume most people on a sports logo discussion/design board would know that Illustrator is a vector-based software capable of completely editing vector elements.

If the original poster knew (or someone with a similar problem), the question wouldn't have been asked. So, although well intended and you knew what you meant to infer, your original statement was incorrect.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

litte bit of googling came across this gem of a site:

http://www.freewebs.com/customsportscovers...?albumID=551264

this guy is amazing! if only these were all print quality.

Yeah I know that guy, still trying to get that surreal effect down to how he does it. lol.

I think those are those are the correct sizes... but I don't know, I don't print them, I just like making them.

And proud of it! :D

Haha, you do have a good point though. If Brett hadn't "retired", Brady's an easy choice for the cover.

I have to think that Brady has already been asked at some point to be on the cover but declined the offer. I may be wrong, but I don't think that they would pass up a player like Brady.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Pretty amazing stuff, although it did make it easier that he was already wearing a green jersey with a block 4.

Doesn't top when they photoshopped the entire new falcons identity onto Vick for the '04 edition.

:shocked: I had no idea that was PhotoShopped!

That's a shock to me. I just thought that he did a photoshoot in the new uniforms. But I guess if that was a photoshop, that's the best damn photoshop I've ever seen.

Yea I've actually noticed that before.

You can tell if you really stare at the logos/numbers/lines on the jersey and helmet.

That's usually the first thing I do whn I get the newest Madden, I stare at the cover haha.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

And proud of it! :D

Haha, you do have a good point though. If Brett hadn't "retired", Brady's an easy choice for the cover.

I have to think that Brady has already been asked at some point to be on the cover but declined the offer. I may be wrong, but I don't think that they would pass up a player like Brady.

EA just wanted to dispel the Madden Curse, so they got the most durable player possible. If Brett can't do it, nobody can. :)

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

How do I print it to the correct size?

I ended up loading it into Illustrator and scaling it 95%, while trying to cut off the edges in the print window. I tried tricking it to think that I was using legal paper so that it wouldn't cut the ends off at full suze (I had letter sized photo paper), but it didn't work.

VmWIn6B.png

Archived