Pack in Black cleats!

nybatt

just tuned in to tonight's game and to my surprise the packers are wearing black cleats!! what a huge upgrade! I also believe they wore white in preseason this august.

is this a surprise opening night switcheroo??

that only leaves the raiders and steelers as two of the more out-of-place, white-cleated teams.

three cheers from a football giants fan.

just tuned in to tonight's game and to my surprise the packers are wearing black cleats!! what a huge upgrade! I also believe they wore white in preseason this august.

is this a surprise opening night switcheroo??

that only leaves the raiders and steelers as two of the more out-of-place, white-cleated teams.

three cheers from a football giants fan.

I mentioned this Pack's black cleats in another thread, but it's about time! I had a weird feeling that the Packers would do this sometime during the Rodgers' era.

Looks like half the Raiders D is wearing black, and half is white. It's weird.

quick glance looks like the secondary is wearing black cleats, the rest of the defense is wearing white

black cleats look pretty cool

Isn't that going to be a $5,000 fine for each offense?

uh, afraid so!

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Looks like half the Raiders D is wearing black, and half is white. It's weird.

quick glance looks like the secondary is wearing black cleats, the rest of the defense is wearing white

black cleats look pretty cool

Isn't that going to be a $5,000 fine for each offense?

The way that secondary played, they should have donated their checks to charity anyway.

The Raiders like being out-of-touch, so they will continue wearing white shoes, as long as Al Davis is still alive.

The Pack, BTW, looked very good with the black shoes. Paul Hornung, Jim Taylor, Bart Starr and Willie Davis would have liked the look.

I got waaaay too geeked when I saw the Packers in black shoes on Monday. It's been "cool" for quite awhile now... I don't know why the Packers weren't one of the first teams to jump on the bandwagon. Of course I'd love to see them go all the way and bring back the Lombardi-era unis from the Thanksgiving game a few years ago.

As far as the Steelers... I prefer them in white. They look good in black, but their glory years were around the time when most teams were switching to white.

I got waaaay too geeked when I saw the Packers in black shoes on Monday. It's been "cool" for quite awhile now... I don't know why the Packers weren't one of the first teams to jump on the bandwagon. Of course I'd love to see them go all the way and bring back the Lombardi-era unis from the Thanksgiving game a few years ago.

As far as the Steelers... I prefer them in white. They look good in black, but their glory years were around the time when most teams were switching to white.

with the color scheme the black shoes on the unis would look meaner on the steelers

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

The road uniforms? They darn well ought to bring them back - the jerseys were superior in every way to the current roads.

favre1127.jpgjavon1127.jpg

I'm on the fence about the actual socks myself, but they're still part of the original Lombardi uniform. My problem is if you go with solid green socks, where do you stop making "improvements?"

Archived