Favorite Sports Traditions

ShinyHubCaps

How only 8 baseball teams make the playoffs. It's more of an elite club than any of the other sports. That's why teams go nuts just for making it in.

That reminds me, I don't care for champagne showers.

It is crazy, though, that the NBA has as many teams as MLB but twice the playoff teams.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
there's one tradition that's just now died, but was among my favorites...Lions fans chanting FIRE MILLEN

lol @ all the places where the chant occurred.

I remember hearing "Fire Millen" chants during Pistons games -- but at Grand Valley State and WrestleMania?! :lol:

Looking at the card, and knowing that "smart" fans tend to do that when a match is extremely boring, it either happened during The Great Khali-Kane match or the women's match that came before the main event that year.

Still, lol @ it even occurring at some of those events. :lol:

eh well, I figure one thing: there exists a man who is so morally bankrupt that he decided to bring his kids to a robbery he was committing. there also exists a man whose robbery was more discreet, except that he ditched his wife and kids in his rush to escape. and then there exists a woman who wasn't convinced the cops she decided to run from were real until they busted out the spike strips.

by this reasoning, among the NFL's other 31 owners/shotcallers, there is at least one who will prove to be dumb enough to hire Millen. I hope it aint your team ;)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Soccer players exchanging shirts after a match has always been a great example of that sort of thing.

How did I forget that one? I love that.

Slightly related -- players in college football all star games wearing decals from other teams on their helmets (though the practice has seemed to get slightly out of hand in the last 10 years or so.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• 3 weeks later...

Best in my book

Lambeau Leap

Go Flames Go chant has gotten huge since the team got competitive again the Dome gets electric no where else i feel that amazed

Soccer Captains exchanging each other there countries crest during International Competition

NHL Playoffs shaking the hands after each series

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived