Boston Celtics 2008 NBA World Championship Ring

Wally1912

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"It's quite large...that's what she said"- Scot Pollard, showing his ring on WBZ news last night.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Is there a website that shows championship rings? I was looking for one, figuring there would be but had no luck.

Except Super Bowls (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/rings). But not MLB/NBA/NHL

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

FIBA runs the World Championships, the next I believe are in 2010 or 11. As far as I know, world championships are for national teams.

So why do American sports like to brand their winners as world champions? The NBA, MLB, NFL......... next the MLS will brand themselves world champions.

Hey, mate. All due respect, but basketball and the other sports were invented or perfected in the United States of America, we play the best basketball in the world, and I'm sick of a bunch of wimp-ass Euros (FIBA) telling us how to play our game.

So if the 17-time WORLD CHAMPION BOSTON CELTICS want to refer to themselves that way all I've got to say is, "C'mon Igor or Sven or Wong, BRING IT ON! The Green & White will kick your butts right back to Peking or Beijing or Moscow or Madrid or wherever! This is OUR GAME!"

The damned rest of the world should play it OUR way. I mean we have to play international soccer (football) THEIR way. Why don't they have the stones to play hoops like the USA does? :mad:

FIBA runs the World Championships, the next I believe are in 2010 or 11. As far as I know, world championships are for national teams.

So why do American sports like to brand their winners as world champions? The NBA, MLB, NFL......... next the MLS will brand themselves world champions.

Hey, mate. All due respect, but basketball and the other sports were invented or perfected in the United States of America, we play the best basketball in the world, and I'm sick of a bunch of wimp-ass Euros (FIBA) telling us how to play our game.

So if the 17-time WORLD CHAMPION BOSTON CELTICS want to refer to themselves that way all I've got to say is, "C'mon Igor or Sven or Wong, BRING IT ON! The Green & White will kick your butts right back to Peking or Beijing or Moscow or Madrid or wherever! This is OUR GAME!"

The damned rest of the world should play it OUR way. I mean we have to play international soccer (football) THEIR way. Why don't they have the stones to play hoops like the USA does? :mad:

Agreed.

The Rule differences in FIBA basketball were made to benefit the rest of the world. Americans had to adjust. We did and we won a gold, but it took a while. If there were NBA rules in the past Olympics and International competitions that we lost, even with the disfunctional teams we would've won. That's just my thought.

And for hte people complaining about the "world champions" thing, get over it.

I mean it'd be really cool if we could get the champions of the other world leagues to play against each other (NHL vs SMLiga, Elitserien)(NBA vs Spanish league, Greek league) but it's not going to happen. The only two sports that could conceivably have that would be Hockey and Basketball, but the best players from all the world play in the American leagues. Even in exhibitions the NHL and NBA have almost always beaten their European counterparts. For the NFL, they can be World Champs because it's not exactly played at an elite level anywhere else in the world. For MLB, even the hispanic and latin americans dream is being in the MLB and winning the World Series. I guess in theory they could play the best Japanese team, but I dont think that would go over well with the owners and players and moneymakers. It just wont happen for a myriad of reasons.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Seriously?

You mean, the way the Americans play a sport invented by a Canadian?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Seriously?

At least he's consistent.

I'm not going to pile on, or go into a big anti-American rant, but as a rest-of-the-worlder, think about this for a second, mate. America may be The Greatest Nation In The World©, but at one time, so was Rome. What happened to them?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Other than the three point line being pushed back and the shot clock at thirty seconds, what other real differences are there between the international game and the NBA?

The trapezoidal free-throw lane is the only other major one I can think of...there are other differences but they are minor or deal with game management.

If you read my post you'll note that I said basketball was invented IN the USA, Dr. Naismith Jr. I think you've taken too many "slapshots" without your helmet or mask.

Seriously?

At least he's consistent.

I'm not going to pile on, or go into a big anti-American rant, but as a rest-of-the-worlder, think about this for a second, mate. America may be The Greatest Nation In The World©, but at one time, so was Rome. What happened to them?

You're goddamn right I'm consistent. Some of you Obamniacs ought to show a little pride in our country.

If you read my post you'll note that I said basketball was invented IN the USA, Dr. Naismith Jr. I think you've taken too many "slapshots" without your helmet or mask.

And I think that until you can respond to comments without making bigoted or xenophobic remarks, you aren't going to be welcome here much longer.

And I think that until you can respond to comments without making bigoted or xenophobic remarks, you aren't going to be welcome here much longer.

Sorry, gentlemen. But I grew up in an era when being outspoken and blunt about our country, its values and yes, our place as the greatest nation on earth meant something. We were taught to stand up for our country and its way of life. As for my terms of reference about certain things, well I am not now nor ever will be "PC." That's just a cop-out. Most of us referred to things in a non-PC way. Hey, we "tell it like it is." If I offend some of you for my ways I'm sorry. Will I change? Probably not. So in the future I will avoid all posts regarding things international because you all know how I feel about the Europeans and such. I'll just read them and remain silent. You remember what that rascally Republican President Abraham Lincoln said about silence. I'm going to take his advice, lest I be thought a fool. I'm outta here! :rolleyes:

Archived