Boston Celtics 2008 NBA World Championship Ring

Wally1912

The Celtics' ring design has been unveiled.

From the Boston Herald.

The $30,000, 14-carat white gold ring, which will be awarded to players and coaches on Opening Night Tuesday, has 64 pave-set diamonds, 20 princess-set diamonds and scores of emeralds that make up the shamrock in the center. The team?s logo and player?s name and number are on the sides.

102408shamrockjg10.jpg

102408shamrockjg12.jpg

102408shamrockjg11.jpg

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Those are sweet, they're classy not to over the top. Can anyone tell what it says under the 66-16?

Looks like "UBUNTU"

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Those are sweet, they're classy not to over the top. Can anyone tell what it says under the 66-16?

Looks like "UBUNTU"

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-9791926-37.html

Ubuntu has to do with teamwork and working together. According to the above article, it's "a philosophy of life that promotes the greater good rather than individual success."

buffalo_sig.png

Well done with that ring. Perfect use of emeralds on the front. As mentioned, the subtle parquet background of each shank is a great touch. Looks like an Intergold style ring, I think.

And as gatroade 09 asked about, has anyone seen the Red Wings rings from this year? Have they even been handed out? I've been looking for information about them and haven;t found anything.

WORLD CHAMPS?

What world competition did they win? Did I miss something? I saw that they won the NBA championship last June, but I did not realize they won a world championship, too.

Oh, hush. People have been saying for years...and they will continue to do so.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

FIBA runs the World Championships, the next I believe are in 2010 or 11. As far as I know, world championships are for national teams.

So why do American sports like to brand their winners as world champions? The NBA, MLB, NFL......... next the MLS will brand themselves world champions.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Archived