Georgia seniors "came up with something new"?

GoDawgs08

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Red pants wouldn't exactly be "something new"...they're worn them before, albeit 25 years ago.

If it's red jerseys and red pants, I guess it can be considered something never done before...I just don't see different pants colors being something to get pumped up and excited about.

I don't think it will be all red. Richt has been very conservative with the uniforms, he removed the black stripe from the helmet, and outside of the black jerseys he has not messed with the "tradition". I don't think an all red look, which we have never seen, would go well with the fan base and I don't think Richt would do that.

Georgia is the home team so does have the choice of wearing all red if they do choose, but I am going to guess if it is anything it is red pants. Perhaps whoever has the source, although I'm skeptic to put much merit in this source, saw red pants and assumed UGA will go with an all red look. With that in mind, if the red pants are available, I think they will go red helmet, white jerseys, and red pants.

momass_redpants.jpg

dj_red_pants.jpg

Outside of that I can't imagine what they would do. I don't see UGA sporting the black jerseys again this year. I sure don't see them wearing all red. I think everyone within the program has better judgment than that.

I like the Herschel Walker white jersey-red pants look. It brings some color to the always-drab combo of white jerseys and silver pants. I know the "silver britches" are a Georgia tradition, but they should wear those with red or black jerseys only.

red dome BLACK jersey RED PANTS???

That'd REALLY be something not done before...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

wow you guys sure are looking far.

Before you're ideas get too out there, remember Darryll Gamble and Rennie Curran were the ones quoted about this topic. They are likely unaware of Georgia's uniform past. When they said "never done before", remember Georgia hasnt worn black or red pants in a very long while.

I highly highly HIGHLY DOUBT a helmet change.

temp.png

eh, scratch everything. my friend told me that his buddy on the equipment stuff said nothing is planned at all and the player was misquoted, then it started a little frenzy among the equipment guys. said that Gamble was misquoted by a reporter passing by who heard him talking about LAST year's game. he also said his friend was out having drinks whenever they had the first phone call and he mentioned it haha.

so...all this talk for nothing. oh well, it was wishful thinking.

eh, scratch everything. my friend told me that his buddy on the equipment stuff said nothing is planned at all and the player was misquoted, then it started a little frenzy among the equipment guys. said that Gamble was misquoted by a reporter passing by who heard him talking about LAST year's game. he also said his friend was out having drinks whenever they had the first phone call and he mentioned it haha.

It looks like Richt and the Dawgs could be up to something after all. This is from the Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Is UGA planning a uniform surprise?

Richt was then asked if the Bulldogs were going to wear their traditional red jerseys.

“Do you really want to know? Don’t you just want to wait and see? Do you really want me to answer that question? You want me to straight up answer that question?”

“Yes,” the reporters said in unison.

“We’re wearing red.”

Richt clammed up when asked if that meant red pants, too.

“We’re going to wear red,” he said with a laugh. “Put that in the celebration category.”

Richt has declined to discuss last year’s end zone celebration.

I don't think it will be all red. Richt has been very conservative with the uniforms, he removed the black stripe from the helmet, and outside of the black jerseys he has not messed with the "tradition". I don't think an all red look, which we have never seen, would go well with the fan base and I don't think Richt would do that.

Georgia is the home team so does have the choice of wearing all red if they do choose, but I am going to guess if it is anything it is red pants. Perhaps whoever has the source, although I'm skeptic to put much merit in this source, saw red pants and assumed UGA will go with an all red look. With that in mind, if the red pants are available, I think they will go red helmet, white jerseys, and red pants.

momass_redpants.jpg

dj_red_pants.jpg

Outside of that I can't imagine what they would do. I don't see UGA sporting the black jerseys again this year. I sure don't see them wearing all red. I think everyone within the program has better judgment than that.

Now THAT looks good.

It looks like Richt and the Dawgs could be up to something after all. This is from the Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Is UGA planning a uniform surprise?

Richt was then asked if the Bulldogs were going to wear their traditional red jerseys.

?Do you really want to know? Don?t you just want to wait and see? Do you really want me to answer that question? You want me to straight up answer that question??

?Yes,? the reporters said in unison.

?We?re wearing red.?

Richt clammed up when asked if that meant red pants, too.

?We?re going to wear red,? he said with a laugh. ?Put that in the celebration category.?

Richt has declined to discuss last year?s end zone celebration.

What did tell y'all!,pay up!

:D

This was discussed on Atlanta's sports talk station 680 yesterday, and was especially interesting because it was Buck Belue, former Bulldog QB, and John Kincade talking about it. Buck jokingly wondered whether Georgia would wear red pants, and if so, if they'd be the ones mothballed in '79 that somebody would dig out of a storage closet somewhere. He went on to say that he hoped it's not all red because that would be hideous. Then Kincade made an excellent point, saying in effect, isn't just the matchup enough to get players and fans fired up? Do we need all this uniform foolishness? Couldn't agree more.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived