Georgia seniors "came up with something new"?

GoDawgs08

When asked by reports if Georgia had anything up their sleeve for this weekends huge showdown in Jacksonville vs. Florida, Darryl Gamble said, "the seniors came up with something new--something weve never done before."

Last time the seniors came up with something new, the team ran out in Black Jerseys.

Anyone see another uniform addition coming here? I think of the other reasons why he might have said that, but I really lean towards a uniform tweak.

Maybe black pants? Weve done that before, but heck! Gamble probably doesnt know that.

temp.png

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just wondering, but when did they wear black pants?

Was it recent?

I do not think they ever have, but I could be wrong. Black jerseys came out last season.

I think they wore black pants when they had that black stripe surrounded by white stripes on their helmets. I think it was a couple of years ago they had the pants. I'm not sure if it was an alternate jersey option.

EDIT:

Found a pic

ed10198.jpg

sig.jpg

When asked by reports if Georgia had anything up their sleeve for this weekends huge showdown in Jacksonville vs. Florida, Darryl Gamble said, "the seniors came up with something new--something weve never done before."

I say,there gonna go all red because Georgia never wore the combo before iirc.

I say,there gonna go all red because Georgia never wore the combo before iirc.

That is a good guess. I dont see what else it could be.

Last time the seniors came up with something new, the team ran out in Black Jerseys.

Anyone see another uniform addition coming here? I think of the other reasons why he might have said that, but I really lean towards a uniform tweak.

Maybe black pants? Weve done that before, but heck! Gamble probably doesnt know that.

They're going to run the triple option! :P

I'd rather see 'em in black jerseys and pants, but no one seems to bitch when Texas is all white from head to toe, so what's the problem?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I'd rather see 'em in black jerseys and pants, but no one seems to bitch when Texas is all white from head to toe, so what's the problem?

Texas's look in all-white is fantastic. It actually looks good.

You saw what the Texans looked like in all red...well, make the helmet red, take off the shoulder stripes and chest script, change the number font to block style and that's UGA in all red. Nasty looking.

how reliable is this source?

I wouldnt like all Red I dont think.

I could stand red/red/black actually...(uga HAS worn that combo, once, in the mid 90's vs. florida)

black jerseys and black pants would be cool too, but very non-Georgia.

I dunno, who knows it may not even be a uniform addition, well see?

temp.png

Archived