The Best Trends Ever Made in Sportsere Histroy

TheRealPepman

Cheerleaders.

There's your answer. Thanks for coming, folks.

Double meaning? :P

Only if you change the spelling of the pivotal word. The one he used and the one you have in mind are homophones.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Cheerleaders.

Only if you change the spelling of the pivotal word. The one he used and the one you have in mind are homophones.

Enough with the gay intolerance. :P

Intolerance? I'll have you know that some of my best friends are homophones.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Cheerleaders.

Enough with the gay intolerance. :P

Intolerance? I'll have you know that some of my best friends are homophones.

I always thought the Razr was a bit too in touch with it's feminine side.

*mmm, ketchup*

While I certainly enjoy homoerotic wordplay as much as the next guy, I was hoping to respond to the original topic.

The best trend was the return to their historical looks by several teams: the Braves, the Phillies, and the Giants.

chris_short_1967_topps.JPGTGreenePhi.JPG

Spahnbos.JPGglavine.jpg

Not that I disliked all of the unis in between: the 70s and 80s Phillies looked great, with that wonderful fat "P" logo; and the Braves' mid-70's feather-on-sleeve uni (the "Aaron 715" uni) was a beauty.

But, the looks shown above are timeless, and it is very satisfying that these teams have returned to them.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

While I certainly enjoy homoerotic wordplay as much as the next guy, I was hoping to respond to the original topic.

The best trend was the return to their historical looks by several teams: the Braves, the Phillies, and the Giants.

chris_short_1967_topps.JPGTGreenePhi.JPG

Spahnbos.JPGglavine.jpg

Not that I disliked all of the unis in between: the 70s and 80s Phillies looked great, with that wonderful fat "P" logo; and the Braves' mid-70's feather-on-sleeve uni (the "Aaron 715" uni) was a beauty.

But, the looks shown above are timeless, and it is very satisfying that these teams have returned to them.

I agree, but have one gripe against the Braves. They should, in my opinion, make the Tomahawk black like the original Milwaukee Braves. It stands out and looks so much more dramatic than the red tomahawk.

metslogo_215.gif

facemasks in general were itself a great trend, could you image if we didn't have those. We would be playing with leather helmets.

I'd like that. All the injuries and deaths would level the playing field so much that, eventually, the Lions would at least make the playoffs.

SportsCentre using the wildcat sound everytime the Dolphins use the play.

Not really a uniform thing, but I laugh everytime.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

Archived