Raiders Modernization

Blitz

Just thought I would give and Oakland update a shot. The current logo is very dated, and frankly has always kinda bothered me a bit...

RAID.jpg

The transfer quality from MS paint was a little less than I had hoped for (normally comes out a bit better than this)... If anyone feels like cleaning this up at all, I would be very grateful.

As mentioned... now with teeth.

RAIDrev.jpg

C & C welcomed...

canada.png

Just thought I would give and Oakland update a shot. The current logo is very dated, and frankly has always kinda bothered me a bit...

RAID.jpg

The transfer quality from MS paint was a little less than I had hoped for (normally comes out a bit better than this)... If anyone feels like cleaning this up at all, I would be very grateful.

C & C welcomed...

Straight Up FIRE! it just need some tuning up but that is hot!!!!!!!!!!

how bout some teeth. looks like the skull of an octogenarian.

Give it some goofy glasses and it's Al Davis!

The teeth make it much better! A very nice update.

how bout some teeth. looks like the skull of an octogenarian.

Maybe he was watching John McCainAl Davis at the time...

fixed it for you

:P

Damn! My joke was already taken!

Put that little 'nostril-separation-bone-thingy' in there and that sucker's ready for liftoff! That is a ridiculously simple and HIGHLY EFFECTIVE update, my friend. Great, great work. The NFL's redesign crew needs to see this immediately!

Sigs are for sissies.

It's not that bad, but most definitely not better than what they have.

The straight-top shield doesn't work for this look, and while you complain that the logo looks dated, you keep the one element of the logo that actually dates it (the late 50's - early 60's style helmet)

Not a good update.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

The straight-top shield doesn't work for this look, and while you complain that the logo looks dated, you keep the one element of the logo that actually dates it (the late 50's - early 60's style helmet)

Not a good update.

I agree with Kinger, maybe a new shield with a new Font, the font also makes the logo dated as well. You want a font that will go with the new logo. Not something that makes it look old

I dont think this shield is any better than the one they have. I like the way the top of their current shield mimics the NFL shield and has 3 points. I dont agree with the JQK saying you shouldnt keep the 1950 style helmet. I like how you kept the old helmet. It can have old elements of the past and still look modern. does he want you to put a revolution helmet on there. The Raiders have been around for a long time and that's a good thing so a simple update like this is better since it still keeps their overall identity the same.

I dont think this shield is any better than the one they have. I like the way the top of their current shield mimics the NFL shield and has 3 points. I dont agree with the JQK saying you shouldnt keep the 1950 style helmet. I like how you kept the old helmet. It can have old elements of the past and still look modern. does he want you to put a revolution helmet on there. The Raiders have been around for a long time and that's a good thing so a simple update like this is better since it still keeps their overall identity the same.

You misunderstood. I'm pointing out that he complains that the Raiders logo bothers him because it's dated, then leaves in the most dated part of the logo.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Not a good update.

I agree with Kinger, maybe a new shield with a new Font, the font also makes the logo dated as well. You want a font that will go with the new logo. Not something that makes it look old

Thanks for all your thoughts.... much appreciated. Any remnants of the old logo which I left alone, I did so because they are too classic to change. Removing such key components as the old bucket, block font & the sheild would most certainly bring wrath from the Raiders faithful... I did however change the top of the shield specifically to remove reference to the league logo, and removed the dated raider face, for a more aggressive looking skull. Try to imagine the 'phins logo wearing a revolution... Not!!! As stated in the topic bar, this is an update - not a redesign, I had to leave some stuff alone. - Cheers

canada.png

Archived