New Wazzu Helmets

Mingjai

In the pillow fight that is the Apple Cup this year, I see Washington State is wearing scarlet helmets with the standard script "Cougars" in gray (to go with monochrome scarlet uniforms). It's the first time I've seen this helmet--they haven't worn these earlier this year, have they?

I'll see if I can post pics when they are available.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

I was there - the script was white. It looked really good, actually.

I normally hate it when we de-emphasize gray, which is why I hate our current road unis. But this was fun for a one-time deal. I'm also scared that when Nike takes over next year they'll somehow infuse black into our color scheme (I'm about 50% excited and 50% scared, because Russell is still crap).

Plus apples are red, so there's that whole symbolism thing going on.

Wulff actually broke a bit of a jinx for us today. Since 1997, the only Apple Cups we've won have been where we've worn the gray script 'Cougars' helmets and gray pants.

4 of 5 apple cups. 7 straight basketball wins. It's a good time to be a Cougar and a bad time to be a Husky.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Is it weird to anyone else that Washington just had their 2nd 0-11 season this decade?

I do think it's weird since Washington's record this decade has been:

2000: 11-1

2001: 8-4

2002: 7-6

2003: 6-6

2004: 1-10

2005: 2-9

2006: 5-7

2007: 4-9

2008: 0-11 (probably finish 012)

Just where is the other 0-11 this decade?

BTW - those all-crimson unis looked pretty sharp today!

Is it weird to anyone else that Washington just had their 2nd 0-11 season this decade?

I apologize. 1-10 in 2004 is clearly not 0-11.

Honestly can we really say that a 1-10 season is really that much better than an 0-11 season? Unless that win comes at the end of the year and gives you something to hang your hat on, it still sucks! Washington has sunk to the level, er below the level of Duke, Vanderbilt, Temple, Buffalo, and Rugters! Don James, please come back!

Honestly can we really say that a 1-10 season is really that much better than an 0-11 season? Unless that win comes at the end of the year and gives you something to hang your hat on, it still sucks! Washington has sunk to the level, er below the level of Duke, Vanderbilt, Temple, Buffalo, and Rugters! Don James, please come back!

Hate to break it to you, but UB is actually good this year.

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

Hate to break it to you, but UB is actually good this year.

Hate to break the news to you, but I know!

Point of order: 2000 is not technically part of this decade - it's the last year of the 1990s.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Point of order: 2000 is not technically part of this decade - it's the last year of the 1990s.

Let me guess. You're going to say that because there was no year 0 that decades start in the year 1 and go up, right? Forgetting, of course, that the word decade can delineate any 10-year period, not just a specific one. But, go ahead; I want to hear how the year 2000 can be part of the 1990's.

What's wrong with Rutgers?

You're obviously thinking too far back...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Let me guess. You're going to say that because there was no year 0 that decades start in the year 1 and go up, right? Forgetting, of course, that the word decade can delineate any 10-year period, not just a specific one. But, go ahead; I want to hear how the year 2000 can be part of the 1990's.

Because, and again this is only technically, the 1990's began with 1991. There was no year zero, which means year 1-10 was a decade, then 11-20, 21-30, First millenium was 1-1000, second was 1001-2000, and so on, so forth.

Just saying...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I HATE that Washington State logo. I find this a suitable place to say that. I assume most of Pullman strongly differs from my opinion, but it looks like something a 70's elementary school art teacher sketched up between fondue swabs.

YEP! Certainly would disagree! This is the best logo in college athletics... hands down!

CCSLC Signature.jpg

Hahaha that's funny! I was actually thinking that as I wrote, but figured I was the only dork who'd be that "technical" about dates and threw 2000 in there anyway. Dang - you caught me!

To further this digression, Vanderbilt's off the suck train this year as well. We've taken a tumble a bit, but we're likely going bowling for the first time since 82, and have a chance at a 7 win season for the first time in who-knows-how-long if we beat Wake.

Having said that...now something relevant: I like the red on red look alright, surprisingly, and the helmet doesn't look bad. The WSU-cougar-thing is relatively neat, but I'm not that big of a fan, so to see it fall off now and then for some script? I'm not too sad.

However, in my cursory glances the red seems different than usual, but maybe I don't know Wazzu.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

In the pillow fight that is the Apple Cup this year, I see Washington State is wearing scarlet helmets with the standard script "Cougars" in gray (to go with monochrome scarlet uniforms). It's the first time I've seen this helmet--they haven't worn these earlier this year, have they?

I'll see if I can post pics when they are available.

I think its actually a throw back I seem to remember them wearing that around the Drew Beldsoe era.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived