CRK's NHL Redesign

crkraider22

My favorite part about these Islanders uniforms is the numbers on the sleeves being inside the two sets of stripes. I don't know how that would look in a conventional sense (because I'm not ultra familiar with hockey uniforms in general), but wouldn't they be a bit too far down on the sleeve?

Apart from that and the color combination still being solid, the rest of this set is "ho-hum" to "what?" for me. I don't understand the placement of the royal blue in the home and away. It looks very tacked-on (like an after thought). What about making the space in between the two sets of sleeve stripes and the middle of the hem stripes royal blue?

As for the alternate, why not make it a different color? (That's somewhat the idea, correct? It is an alternate.) I'd keep the basic design you have (except lose the "light" from the lighthouse logo as the hem stripe) but I'd trade the navy and the royal in the wavy stripes. As a new hem stripe, try playing with your waves idea there too.

Overall, I think this set has a lot of potential. ^_^

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the Islanders set for the most part. I like the lighthouse logo, but I'm not sure about the light flash being the striping for the alternate. Also the wave pattern on the sleeves seems a little to much. Other than that I like what you have done here. On your Capitals concept I really like the w-eagle logo. I also like the re-color of the old capital building logo they used. Maybe do the same type of coloring on the old eagle logo the Caps used. I really liked that logo and would have liked to see them keep it.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

Islanders Update:

NYISecondTemplateflat.png

Higher sleeve striping on home and away for better number placement. Modern Alternate with orange. No more royal blue. I think thats it on these. Any comments and suggestions please post. Kings will be up within 24 hours I hope.

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

I like the striping on the first concept better than the update. I like the new orange alternate, but I would have stuck with the lighthouse logo on that jersey. These concepts have all been pretty impressive so far. I'm looking foreward to seeing what is to come.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

Concept 9: Los Angeles Kings

Colors: Original Gold and Purple with Current Silver

I wanted to go for a classic feel and look with modern striping. I know this can be improved in alot of ways but comments and suggestions are helpful.

LAFirstTemplateflat.png

Next team will be the Tampa Bay Lightning (Bolts)

I also hope to have newer, updated concepts of the Caps and Isles soon.

The biggest thing I see right off the bat is that with all the grey on the home sweater, it is just too dark to me. I think adding some white striping where the purple is on the sleeves and around the logo and numbers will make things pop. Other than that I really like how these look. I like the use of the original Kings logo.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

Sorry for the lack of posts and concepts lately, its been busier around here than I expected. I was finally able to get to some updates and here they are.

PIT Update:

Home&Away: Hem Striping, more color on socks

Alternate: Went away from having two jerseys of same color

PITFourthTemplateflat.png

WSH Update:

Logos: Alternate logo now main logo, Weagle just shoulder logo, older eagle now on alternate jersey

WSHThirdTemplateflat.png

NYI Update:

Home&Away: New hem striping

Alternate: Alternate logo on front

NYIThirdTemplateflat.png

LA Update:

Home&Away: Shoulder Yoke

LAThirdTemplateflat.png

C&C please, Tampa should be up in a few hours.

Team 10: Tampa Bay Lightning

Wow, 1/3 of the way done. Some I feel are good, while others have been a big fail. Up next is Tampa Bay. Many wanted a blue home jersey when the Edge cut came out, so thats what I used. I wanted a modern/retro look, combining stripes and piping. I liked the logo that had the state behind it and no workmark along with it. For the alternate, I wanted to incorporate the bolt in some ways, even though I probabily overused it some.

TBFirstTemplateflat.png

C&C Please.

The Rangers will be next.

Tell you what I'd like to see for a Blue Jackets jersey. I didn't like the old CB and the Star is only a minor upgrade. I'd like to see someone take that Union hat and work it as the primary logo. Not the whole patch with the city and team name, just the hat. I think it would work well on a white jersey. On a Blue jersey not so much, maybe the red oval could be retained without the wording. But I think the Union hat is a great logo, and the best concept for the Blue Jackets.

Team 11: New York Rangers

Since I was trying to stay away from using scripts in this project, I decided to use the shield logo on the home and away. For the alternate, I used their old altnate logo.

NYRFirstTemplateflat.png

Next: Minnesota Wild

C&C Please

Team 12: The Minnesota Fighting Elves (Wild)

Consider this make over of the Elves a late Christmas/ Boxing Day present to all. I liked their pre-edge green and that there are very few teams that use green, so I used that as the primary. I moved the red to the alternate, so they can wear their elf outfits on special days, such as Christmas. I used the tan as the away uniform, and removed all white from the color scheme.

MINFirstTemplateflat.png

Next up will be the Hurricanes. I expect to have a Lightning update soon as well.

C&C, and belated holiday wishes to all.

Mike

I like the wheat roadies, and that alternate jersey is a thing of beauty. Simple, clean, but interesting at the same time. And that paw-print sleeve patch looks sweet... Nonetheless, I have a couple critiques.

Not so sure 'bout that wheat shoulder yoke on the home jersey. It looks a little...glaring? Not sure if that's the word I mean. Maybe just keep it green, like on the away set.

Change the number font. Yeah, it's unique, but this is a pretty old-school design and it feels out-of-place.

Red numbers on the road jerseys, methinks.

I dunno about that piping running from the yoke to the armpits. It feels kind of extraneous. And maybe make the cuffs below the striping green, like on the Canucks current road jersey.

WAY too many stripes on those alternate socks. Sorry.

All in all, this is a great concept. Nice idea to replace white with wheat (alliteration!); it is close enough to white that it doesn't look too strange, but it's different enough that it's a unique new look. Great job.

scotland_fifasig.png

Tampa Bay Update:

TBSecondTemplateflat.png

Home: Used black for side panels/arm stripe to darken up jersey.

Away: Used silver for side panels/arm stripe to lighten up jersey.

Alternate: Sleeve bolts now strike from shoulder to wrist, sleeve numbers moved up to shoulders (saw them like that on a jersey in the world juniors), gives jersey more futuristic look.

Minnesota Update:

MINSecondTemplateflat.png

Home: Used striping pattern from original alternate for a more classic feel. To go along with classic feel, also used logo that was on original alternate.

Away: See home description above

Alternate: Took original home concept but the outline used is the star from the eye of the logo.

Expect the Hurricanes up tomorrow.

Minnesota Update:

Can't say I like the home and away, but the alt is awesome (except for possibly the 'WILD' thing on the pants. Good work on that, you should consider making the home and away with that style, and using the retro jersey as the alternate.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Minnesota Update:

Can't say I like the home and away, but the alt is awesome (except for possibly the 'WILD' thing on the pants. Good work on that, you should consider making the home and away with that style, and using the retro jersey as the alternate.

I disagree with aci. The new home and road jerseys are awesome. They're simple, but they look really great. And I like the use of the alternate logo on the chest. Nice new number font, too. The alternate jersey isn't quite as good, but it's creative and complements the home and road sets well. This is a really big upgrade, and this is despite the fact that I already really like their home uniform. I love the WILD on the pants.

On the alternate socks, I'd put a wheat outline around the green. It would soften the contrast.

scotland_fifasig.png

Archived