CRK's NHL Redesign

crkraider22

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phoenix Coyotes:

PHXFirstTemplateflat.png

I went away from the red because I feel it is overused in the league; so I went back to their burnt orange from the original color scheme. Really nothing else to say, I feel like the trim gives it a sort of "grand canyon" feel, especially with the color.

I'll have the new Pens alternate with the triangle up in a few minutes.

C&C on both is appreciated.

The next team will be the Washington Capitals.

Thanks,

Mike

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

I really like the Coyoes home and aways, but the striping feels too busy on the alternate. Awesome colour choice, though!

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Coyotes Update:

I'm honsetly suprised noone realized the away jersey was their "sand" color and not white. Now for the updates, all that I changed for the home and away was I shortened the burnt orange stripe on the pants. On the alternate, I removed the two outer sand stripes on the sleeves, and the pants and sock to match. Also, I added stripes on the cuffs.

PHXSecondTemplateflat.png

The Caps will be up tomorrow hopefully. Comment Away...

I really like the striping for the Coyotes. You are right about the Grand Canyon feel to it. However, I don't like the color. The orange looks really weird, I must say that I would prefer brick red. It looks good nonetheless, and I think that having black as a primary isn't such a bad idea, actually. I am indifferent on the sand color away, it could look good, but I think that white would be better.

I like both the Pens and Coyotes concepts. Although I like the Pens alternate without the triangle. I agree with some of the others too, I like the brick red on the Phoenix current look, but this one is not bad. Looking foreward to seeing the Caps.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

Team 7: Washington Capitals

For the Caps, I wanted to get away from the script logo, even though that is their classic look. I went with the weagle logo, and to compliment that, their or capital building logo (you see the whole capital building theme here). I also took the three stars they had above their script (to represent MD, DC, and VA) and made them into a shoulder patch. I kept the current colors that they have now though.

WSHFirstTemplateflat.png

Next up will be the Islanders.

Comments and suggestions please.

I like this Caps concept. The 'three stars' shoulder patch doesn't clearly denote the 'DC-MD-VA' connection to me, though. Maybe put the three stars inside the outline of the Pentagon, which is another DC-area landmark.

I also think these colors work best for the old Caps logo you've worked in there.

Neat job so far. I look forward to see what you do with the Isles.

Great Job!

But before anybody else tells you, change the stars on the Capitol Building logo to white, not red.

You know, red star=communism...

That could possibly be the pinnacle of ridiculous comments on these boards. Kudos to you, sir.

Washington Capitals Update

Not much going on with these, lowered the sleeve numbers on the home and away to bee farther from the yoke, and in response to this comment

Great Job!

But before anybody else tells you, change the stars on the Capitol Building logo to white, not red.

changed the stars to white on the alternate logo and added some white to the puck. I'm suprised that the FBI didn't come after me for not changing them quick enough. :D

WSHSecondTemplateflat.png

Should have the Isles up either late tonight or sometime tomorrow.

Great Job!

That could possibly be the pinnacle of ridiculous comments on these boards. Kudos to you, sir.

I know.

I'm awesome aren't I :D

Oh, and don't worry, GFB made the same mistake in his one on Icethetics (the blog formerly known as NHLToL)

EDIT: Oh, and I think the Caps third would look better by changing the puck's red on it to white.

Just my two cents.

6fQjS3M.png

Washington Capitals Update

Not much going on with these, lowered the sleeve numbers on the home and away to bee farther from the yoke, and in response to this comment

Great Job!

changed the stars to white on the alternate logo and added some white to the puck. I'm suprised that the FBI didn't come after me for not changing them quick enough. :D

WSHSecondTemplateflat.png

Should have the Isles up either late tonight or sometime tomorrow.

I love how you used the eagle logo (it's my favorite logo in the NHL, or possibly in any sport) as the primary. I really like these. Great job.

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

Just the updated Penguins alternate with the triangle and different shoulder patches.

PITThirdTemplate.png

I love the Penguins concept. Just add some hem striping, and change the logo on the alternate jersey and you have a winner.

I love how you used the eagle logo (it's my favorite logo in the NHL, or possibly in any sport) as the primary. I really like these. Great job.

I love this logo, but for some reason it just looks a little funny on the front of a jersey.

exactly...It's a great SECONDARY logo...Looks strange on the chest, which is why I dislike this concept, or any others with the Weagle as a primary

Team 8:New York Islanders

For the Isles, I used their current navy blue as the main base color. The orange is from their original color scheme and the lighter blue that I used as an accent color is also from that scheme. I used an updated lighthouse logo as the shoulder logos on the home and away, and the main logo on the alternate. The "stripes" on the alternate reflect the pattern that goes on behind the lighthouse on the logo. The bottom stripe on the jersey is based off of the light beam. On the home and away, the striping pattern is based off the four stripes shoulder patch they currently have, with the numbers separating the stripes into sets of two.

NYIFirstTemplateflat.png

Comments and suggestions.

Next team will be Los Angeles.

Archived