CRK's NHL Redesign

crkraider22

Just to catch up on some that I have missed. I like the Rangers look. The only thing I would change is making the logo on the alternate bigger. I've always liked that logo and wish they would still use it. Also, it's hard to tell exactly what the logo is on the shoulder. Onto Tampa Bay, I love the bolts on the sleeves. Very different but it came out nice. And finally Minnesota. I like the look of the entire set except for the WILD on the pants on the alternate. I also like the star on the alternate, a nice tribute to the North Star days. I also like the paw logo patch on the shoulders.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the general idea of this concept. It's fairly classic, and the design is good. But that logo really doesn't fit in well. It's very modern, and the rest of the jersey looks older. I'd rather go with the secondary logo (maybe put two hurricane flags on, instead of just one), because it would fit in well with the general look. Also, I'm not a big fan of the white shoulder yoke on the home jersey. It feels very bright, for lack of a better word. Maybe just keep a black outline, or have a black shoulder yoke. Yeah, I think I'd go with a black shoulder yoke. And if you do end up using the current secondary logo on the chest, put the primary as a shoulder patch.

Nice concept, just a few tweaks and it's golden.

scotland_fifasig.png

Team 5: Pittsburgh Penguins

Personally, I like the powder blue alternates, so I used that as their main color, thus removing black from everything except the logo. I removed the triangle from the logo, yes I understand the whole "golden traingle representing pittsburgh" but I felt it looked out of place in a circular logo. Also, I used the yellow as an accent color, except for the alternate. I used the sleeves from the cup-era jerseys, mut modified them with the piping on the outsides that make the shoulder yoke.

PITFirstTemplateflat.png

Comments and suggestions.

Next team will be the Phoenix Coyotes.

Those Penguins jerseys are some of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. I can't see why you went back to the EDGE ways with no horizontal stripes and the current colours. Those gold and blue ones are just spectacular.

3148831073_34dc0f72c6_o.png

Although I am a fan of the flag squares on the Canes sweaters, these came out really nice. I like the matching striping on the pants also. The only thing I might do is put the hurricane flag logo on the shoulders, they look kind of plain without them IMO.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

Team 14: St. Louis Blues

Tried to make classic and modern mesh with home and away. Alternate is modern with similar logo to current 3rd.

STLFirstTemplateflat.png

Next: Calgary Flames, also expect updates of the last few i released.

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

I love that you went with a retro look for them. With a good overall design, they wouldn't need to use navy blue anymore. I like what you've done but there are a few thing that could make it much better...

I would have preferred seeing traditional hem stripes in place of the side panels. Right now, there's an awkward looking space at the waist. If the panels were just one line on each side, I think it would have looked better. But here, the white and yellow blots should be connected, going all the way around. I know you would have to reduce the size of the logo and all and I don't know how that would turn out, so maybe you're better off leaving everything alone.

Also, my favorite part of your set has got to be the Blues alternate circle logo. Overall, it's pretty good.

The alternate circle logo is just the Blues primary logo (or perhaps an alternate, I'm not sure what the designation was) from around 1980. The B-logo is a Zephyr hat logo, I believe.

And the current logo is the best the Blue Note has ever looked, so I'm not sure why you'd go back to an older, less sleek version.

Finally, the striping on this just doesn't do anything for me. I don't see any real reason for it, it's not overly sharp looking, and is somewhat awkward looking. Rather than traditional or modern looking, it just looks half-done.

The alternate is creative, but, ultimately, I'm not a fan.

Some advice would be to use the current Blue Note. Be inspired by that old circle logo, but make a new updated version. Using the trumpet logo is fine, but ditch the Zephyr B-logo. I'd keep the navy, but it's not a must. And then try and find a striping pattern that has some connection to the teams past, the nickname or the city.

Sorry, not a fan. I can't stand their current home and road jerseys, so I guess this would be a small improvement, but that alt...just way too much. You should make the side striping thinner and wrap it around the waist. It looks unfinished as is.

Just have to pick on that alt a little more. The blue note on the sleeves looks artificial and way too much like this (click on link below) ...actually, not really, but still. And the white on the underarms looks weird. I can't really explain it. The 3rd jersey logo also just doesn't fit in.

http://www.onfrozenblog.com/wp-content/upl...07/08/blues.jpg

All in all, this is a decent concept, but that alternate jersey...sorry. The home and road design just needs a little work, then it's set.

scotland_fifasig.png

Overall these are pretty good. I have a couple of comments though. First it seems like there are too many stripes on the pants. And, at least for me, the wing ed note stripe does'nt work. It looks like just the note logo cut in half. It might look better if you use the whole note, noe it just looks like a wing.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

Sorry it took so long to get these up. Right now I have the updates for Carolina and St. Louis, expect Calgary very soon.

Carolina Update:

Home&Away- Curved striping to match logo, no yokes, flag shoulder patches

Alternate- Flag logo with original striping and yoke, primary logo shoulder patches

CARSecondTemplateflat.png

St. Louis Update:

Home&Away- Side panel striping goes all the way around

Alternate- Modified logo from current alternate, classic striping

STLSecondTemplateflat.png

Not a big fan of your latest pens design. The sleeve/shoulder stripes remind me way too much of the Flyers (which, since you seem to be a pens fan, you should know is a VERY bad thing for a Penguins jersey.) The hem stripes at the bottom make no sense to me, and I dont think the outline on the numbers is thick enough. The all gold alternate has bad striping, and that gold just isnt a good color for the main color of a jersey. While I love the Zephyr "P" logo, Im not too much of a fan of the angry penguin logo of theirs. Looks too minor league-ish to me. Id rather see a good update of the old pens logo with the ring around it (like on their throwbacks now). I also dont like using two different shoulder logos. The pants also leave much to be desired, and id make the sock stripes three distinct stripes with the two smaller stripes seperating from the larger one, and making those a bit thicker.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

I love these updates. Those Hurricanes unis are excellent. Really, really good updates, and it matches the logo much better. Wow. Interesting striping, and I like the old-school black alt. Excellent work.

As for the Blues, I like it a lot as well. Nothing much to say, but very good. And I like that alternate a lot.

scotland_fifasig.png

Team 14: St. Louis Blues

Tried to make classic and modern mesh with home and away. Alternate is modern with similar logo to current 3rd.

STLFirstTemplateflat.png

Next: Calgary Flames, also expect updates of the last few i released.

I like this Blues alt logo better than the one they have now!

Good work.

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I present to you the Calgary Flames, sans black. I wanted to give a nod to the Altanta days with the classic striping and colors on the home and away. Now for the Alternate, the Calgary faithful might want to turn away. First I wanted to use a different color, yellow. Then I used modern side panels, sort of like what they have now. And finally there are the flames on the ends of the sleeves. The pants on the alternate are stiped so that they continue the pattern from the jersey. These are all subject to change based on the C&C of you all.

CGYFirstTemplateflat.png

Up next will be Montreal. I hope to get back into the swing of these and put more out now that I am back in school and have more down time. Thank you all for staying patient with me during the break.

the Home and Away for the Flames are tight but the Yellow alternate doesn't sit well with me maybe it's the flames on the sleeves also i'd like to see

the Home and Away jerseys on the alternate template

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

You had me with the Calgary set until the alternate. I'm not quite sure about that yellow sweater. I like the flame design on the sleeves but not the color. Maybe try that template in red with the horse head logo to sty a different look. The home and away uni's are awesome, very classy.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

• 2 weeks later...

Montreal Canadiens:

I wanted to do something different since this is a concept. First I made a blue home jersey. Also, I added under-arm and side coloring along with the treditional chest striping. For the alternate, I used the leaf logo from their vintage jersey and put it on a red jersey so it could be easily distinguished from Toronto.

MONFirstTemplateflat.png

Next will be Anaheim along with updates of the past 2 concepts.

Archived