CRK's NHL Redesign

crkraider22

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Team 3: Chicago Blackhawks

For the 'Hawks, I wanted to bring some sort of moderinzation to their classic look. I did this by adding a small amount of color and piping to the underarm and sides of the home and away. For the alternate, I was inspired by their Winter Classic jerseys this year. The modernization to this is the cutoff stripes aronund the neck, usually where a shoulder yoke would be. Lets take a look:

CHIFirstTemplateflat.png

Comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Next team: Atlanta Thrashers

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

I like it as a singular concept, but I think many of the elements look very similar to your Panther concept. That doesn't take away from the concept too much, just try to not use this arm striping template so much in the future. I actually like it. I think the updated crest and shoulder logos both look phenomenal. I don't think the Blackhawks should change their jerseys anytime soon, but as a concept, it works well.

Chicago Blackhawks Update:

Took away the sleeve stripes and piping/panels. I replaced the higher sleeve stripes and used a simplier design on the ends of the sleeve instead.

CHISecondTemplateflat.png

I'll have the Thrasherrs up tomorrow as well as updating all the templates hopefully.

Comment away fellow designers and artists. I take all of them into suggestion when I do my remakes

I am really digging that blackhawks update. Not really the colors because, it would take alot to get use to for a team like that, but for a concept its good. Love the 3 jersey though. Defiantly the direction the hawks should have taken. It kinda remind be of the Habs home jerseys though, but thats probably just because they are the only team that has a stripe behind their crest. I'd like to see your take on Dallas or Buffalo too. Mainly because you have thus far taken a non-traditional, but workable and unique take for teams that people don't often stray to far from the originals when making concepts.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

I am really digging that blackhawks update. Not really the colors because, it would take alot to get use to for a team like that, but for a concept its good. Love the 3 jersey though. Defiantly the direction the hawks should have taken. It kinda remind be of the Habs home jerseys though, but thats probably just because they are the only team that has a stripe behind their crest. I'd like to see your take on Dallas or Buffalo too. Mainly because you have thus far taken a non-traditional, but workable and unique take for teams that people don't often stray to far from the originals when making concepts.

Thanks man. I pretty much have an order and schedule in which I am doing the teams so I can give you a rough estimate of when to look for them. I'm thinking that Dallas should be up around Mid-January and Buffalo two weeks before that, don't hold me to those dates though cause I should be putting them out faster over break.

Team 4: Atlanta Thrashers

For the Thrashers, I wanted to stray away from using straight lines for the arm stripes and side panels. Also, I'm not really fond of the one arm stripe they use now on their home jersey, but I used that general concept for the alternate along with a variation of the side panel they have on their current alternate. Speaking of the alternate, I couldn't figure out what color to use, so i tried a gradient, and I feel that it dodn't come out too bad, but i'm not completely sold on it yet. With the colors, I removed the yellow because I felt that it was out of place when put together with the other colors.

ATLFirstTemplateflat.png

I'll try my hand at the Penguins next.

Keep the comments coming.

Thanks.

Mike

Interesting. The use of the orange-ish color instead of the yellow actually sort of works. I like it. The arms look good on the home and away, but I don't like the vertical side striping, way too wavy. The updated logo looks pretty good but I'm not a fan of the way it looks against the two tone blue, it just is a lot of coloring that isn't seen in many other places on the jersey. Remove the gradient from the alternate and it will look way better, I would want the alternate to be light blue though, just because it is the second most-used color on the home/away. Good work though, I like your ideas.

If you exchanged the light blue for their red colour on the home and away, and used the light blue very sparingly, those two jerseys would look a lot better, I'd imagine.

The alternate is alright, but the new logo you have looks too big for the jersey, and you may be better off making the gradient blue-red, as opposed to blue-red-blue. I'm not one to summarily dismiss a concept for something as simple as using a gradient jersey, but I do think it could have been executed a little better. You may also want to consider having the arm stripes be continuous, because the area where they stop at the numbers looks very strange.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Atlanta Thrashers Update:

ATLSecondTemplateflat.png

Many changes...Color scheme, Removed gradient, Retro-Like Alternate, more dynamic side panels on Home & Away...just to name a few.

C&C, I still feel like there is alot of room for improvement on this one.

Penguins will be up tomorrow.

Team 5: Pittsburgh Penguins

Personally, I like the powder blue alternates, so I used that as their main color, thus removing black from everything except the logo. I removed the triangle from the logo, yes I understand the whole "golden traingle representing pittsburgh" but I felt it looked out of place in a circular logo. Also, I used the yellow as an accent color, except for the alternate. I used the sleeves from the cup-era jerseys, mut modified them with the piping on the outsides that make the shoulder yoke.

PITFirstTemplateflat.png

Comments and suggestions.

Next team will be the Phoenix Coyotes.

The Atlanta redesign (1st update) blows me away. I love everything about it. I love how the logo is blended in the blue jersey. The third jersey is the classic counterpart to the more modern regulars. I'm not always a fan of modern concepts, but this just makes sense. The sleeves, side panels and socks look coherent.

The Pens one, I like the design, but don't agree with the complete recoloring.

Keep them coming.

ATLSecondTemplateflat.png

Best Thrashers jerseys I've ever seen. Excellent work!

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Archived