Blue Jays owner Ted Rogers dies

Milo Meningocele

From espn.com:

TORONTO -- Ted Rogers, owner of the Toronto Blue Jays, died at his home on Monday. He was 75.

The founder of Rogers Communications Inc., Canada's largest cable television and mobile phone company, was treated in October for an existing heart condition, the company said Tuesday.

Rogers Communications owns the Blue Jays and their home at the Rogers Centre, several television stations and an array of other media properties including Maclean's and Chatelaine magazines.

"Ted Rogers was one of a kind who built this company from one FM radio station into Canada's largest wireless, cable and media company," said Rogers Communications chairman and acting chief executive officer Alan Horn.

Rogers, one of Canada's wealthiest people, earlier handed over his corporate duties to Horn.

Rogers bought the Blue Jays in 2000. This year, he arranged for the Buffalo Bills to play eight games over five years in Toronto.

After making an early investment in wireless technology, his company eventually became Canada's largest cell phone company. Rogers Communications is worth about $18 billion and has 24,000 employees.

In 1991, Rogers was chosen an officer of the Order of Canada, one of the country's top honors.

He is survived by his wife, Loretta, and four children.

As a Blue Jays fan, its pretty tough to hear this. For what Rogers did to the Rogers Center, as well for the team it self, because with out what he did, who knows the situation they would of been in. I hope they honer him, maybe with a patch all year long, or something in the passing of Ted Rogers. Now the question is what will happen to the Blue Jays as well as Rogers company.

RIP Mr.Rogers.

4kv29i.jpg

This just in:

The Blue Jays will wear black to mourn his loss.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Keeping in mind that my house is serviced by Rogers cable and internet, I havea Rogers cell phone, my favorite radio station is The Fan 590, my mom's favorite radio station is CHFI (his first radio station), I watch my Battalion play on Rogers community TV, I'm a fan of the Blue Jays and the fact that he basically saved them and fixed up our cement block formally known as the sky dome, I'm a subscriber to the Bills in Toronto series, Rogers has a huge building (formally the nortel building) in Brampton (my home town)......

This is really sad new to me. His vision, drive, and detrmination has an obvious impact on my life and I just wish I could shake his family member's hand and let them know know that I have a genuine feeling of sadness for their loss. I can only hope and pray that his family continues his legacy on.

RIP Mr. Rogers, and thank you.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Let's not forget the late great 680 CFTR!!!!! Back in it's heyday (1971-1993) I could pick up CFTR in my radio at night, even when WNBC and WABC dumped their top 40 Formats in the 1980's.

RIP Ted. You were great!!!!

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

Archived