Atlanta Hawks alternate leak?

eRay

If it has been mentioned, my bad.

Anyway, I went to Best Buy today and was checking out NBA video games for PS2 since I am too poor for a new system. I was checking out NBA 09: The Inside and saw something of note on the back cover. In one of the pictures Ben Gordon(I think) is taking a jumper over a member of the Hawks(may have been Joe Johnson). The Hawks player was wearing a Red jersey though. The front had their Hawks wordmark on it in White with Silver shading, outlined in Blue. The numbers were the same color scheme in the same font they use now. The side panels have stripes down them, looking like this I think:

|White| Blue | White | Blue |White|

With the outer stripes being thinner than the others. There appeared to be something within the stripes on the middle of the shorts, maybe a wordmark, maybe a logo. I couldn't tell from the picture. All I had handy was my crappy cell phone camera, so I snapped a pic and sent it to my email and then sharpened it to the best of my ability in Photoshop. You will have to take me at my word. I can try to get a better pic sometime soon, but I'm sure somebody out there will beat me to it. This looks to be their new alternate jersey that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere yet, but maybe it is just a fashion jersey that snuck on the back of the game. I haven't found any clearer pics online, nor could I catch it in a video. If you guys know anything else or this has already been discussed, please let us all know.

hawksleak.jpg

Hahaha, i know its a bad photo guys, all I had was my bad phone. I will try to get a better picture tonight. The Orange may be coming from when I tried sharpening the image in Photoshop. When I saw it up close it was definitely Red, and it definitely said Hawks, and it was definitely their number font. I hope to post a new pic tonight. You will have to trust me until then.

That's a throwback.

jerseys.jpg

1957 St. Louis Hawks.

That was my first thought, but the fonts looked like the modern ones so I just figured it was a new jersey. Thanks for pointing that out. I guess it's still possible they model a new alternate after that old design, but for now I will call this a throwback. Thanks.

I love that Hawks jersey between the classic Nique set and the gradient bird set. An update of that would've been better than the Nets stuff they have now.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I love that Hawks jersey between the classic Nique set and the gradient bird set. An update of that would've been better than the Nets stuff they have now.

Hmm, I don't remember that jersey for some reason. Then again, judging by the years, it was only around for like 3 seasons.

|EDIT| Never mind, I do remember that one now. After looking at it again carefully, I suddenly realized it was the "Mookie era" jersey. Ah geez, that was a brain fart. Must be b/c it's really late and I'm a bit sleep-deprived. :wacko:

Hmm, I don't remember that jersey for some reason. Then again, judging by the years, it was only around for like 3 seasons.

|EDIT| Never mind, I do remember that one now. After looking at it again carefully, I suddenly realized it was the "Mookie era" jersey. Ah geez, that was a brain fart. Must be b/c it's really late and I'm a bit sleep-deprived. :wacko:

Those ones will be forever etched in my mind because of the disastrous Nique for Danny Manning trade.

I now have a better picture, it is actually a scan of the back cover of the game. This is as good as I can get it on my scanner. Hopefully you all believe me finally!

hawksleak2.png

Must be playoff time if the Bulls are wearing those black shoes.

Actually, the Bulls wore black shoes last Friday at Memphis.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baske...520081212204203

Archived