Raysox's NHL jersey redesign

raysox

Taking a break form baseball for a while, so I decided to do hockey. I tried to do this a few weeks ago, with my Ducks jersey concept. One thing you guys mentioned was how it doesn't match up with any RBK edge template. This week I made all the RBK Edge templates for the template I use. So I decided to make some concepts. I went to the NHL Tournament of logos jersey rankings. The 30th ranked team is the Ducks. I don't think any one really likes the Ducks jerseys. With this concept I wanted to keep the "swoosh" effect on the arms. Enjoy!

ANA.png

I have another concept for the Oilers, that I'll post later if you guys like.

C&C

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it would look better if you got rid of the piping and made the "swoosh" effect on the arms continue onto the bottom of the jersey. Even using what they currently have at the bottom of the jersey would look good on here.

Also scale down the logo, it looks a tad big.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

looks kinda like an under aurmor football jersey

I think it looks like the St. Louis Blues, personally.

As for the actual concept though, show some originality. Recoloring a pre-existing Edge template really isn't a concept in my books, but that's just me.

The Ducks have had a very distinctive hem pattern since their inception and this concept completely reverses that. Try to work that back in somehow.

The orange alternate, just like your first concept, doesn't work. Orange is the 4th color in their palette, now I understand a gold jersey wouldn't look good either, so maybe just ditch it all together?

Good call on the logo, not so good call on the colour scheme... maybe a reversion to one of their old colours would be fitting? While Disney may own the old name, I'm pretty sure they don't own the colours purple and teal... to be honest, either of those colours would probably look better than either gold or orange in their current scheme.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

You still need to work out the kinks mentioned in your last Ducks thread, the logo and numbers are distorted. Also if I would you I would post your images bigger, it will be kind of hard to see some of the small details on the arms and other places in upcoming concepts

I think the color scheme resembles the flyers too much (I know someone else has already said that), the jerseys aren't so bad except it does look kinda of like you put Under Armor Football's horns and piping on it. I think you should also try and make a new logo or something, I reall don't like thier D logo at all.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Hey guys. I now have my concept for the Oilers. A lot of people have problems with their current jerseys. Whether it's the fact it looks like a practice jersey, or the fact the stripes don't go all the way around(though they look really good in person). Now to this. I know how everyone loves the retro jersey, so I used that template for the home and away, then kept their current colours(If that makes since). Enjoy.

EDM.png

C&C please

Leafs Next

Next on my list was the Leafs. Most people don't like the Leafs edge jerseys because they're really plain. So wha I did here. I changed the logo, to the retro logo. I also added silver on the stripes, and logo. Enjoy.

TOR.png

C&C please. Next is Dallas. What would you guys like to see? Green?

Next on my list was the Leafs. Most people don't like the Leafs edge jerseys because they're really plain. So wha I did here. I changed the logo, to the retro logo. I also added silver on the stripes, and logo. Enjoy.

TOR.png

C&C please. Next is Dallas. What would you guys like to see? Green?

Green, and lots of it! Don't ditch the black, though, there's nothing wrong with some.

And your Leafs set looks pretty nice to me, the silver is only really noticeable on the logo, though.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Archived