Arizona Cardinals Logo Concept

DawgPacPBH

Not sure about the stars, but It's a solid start. I wouldn't make the Cardinal's head so tall, and the outline part on the left is awkward, being that it doesn't follow the shape of the bird's face.

However, I love the font you used. It's very "NFL New Wave"-ish. What is it?

This "cardinal" looks diseased, and a diseased cardinal should not represent a playoff football team (even though the vikes kicked their ass today! Hooyeah!).

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

Shape looks like a shark fin...I'm fine with their current logo, but great work either way.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

I like the font but I don't care for the logo. I don't see a cardinal, all I see is a red shark fin.

A shark fin? I mean I can see you say it is shaped like that but how is that all you can see? It isn't an abstract logo it clearly shows a cardinal =/

:blink:

I actually like this concept. I think you need to work on the outline, and maybe try to make the beak outside of the outline.

I agree the outline in the front needs to fit the actual bird better, but I think it is a great concept and actually looks like a cardinal.

This one has a chance. I would squish his crown (whatever its called) down so it doesn't take up half the height of the logo. The logo has some nice clean lines, but it is still a bit stagnant in that it points straight up. Logos today have some kind of flow so I would skew the crown a bit so it give the head a feeling of moving forward. Take out the little plateau in the outline at the top so it comes to a point. Finally, the shape lends itself to possibly becoming an "A", so I would try to work that in. Several comments there, but I think they are all fairly easy tweaks.

I think this looks much more like a Cardinal than the AZ Cards actual logo.
i disagree...

you've got a unique style, and this logo stays pretty true to the style, but it's simply too tall to really work, in my book - i do like that it could double as an "A", but that doesn't really fit for a NFL team - with some tweaks (mentioned by others), this could be a really nice mark for a high school or small college, though

jldesigns404eo.png

This "cardinal" looks diseased, and a diseased cardinal should not represent a playoff football team (even though the vikes kicked their ass today! Hooyeah!).

thanks you should be voted for best forumer ever

Sarcasm? ^_^ Well I did some research and this does look like a "non-diseased" cardinal, however I still prefer the current.

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

At first when I looked at this I was like "whats with the excessively tall hair do?" But after looking at real photos of cardinals they do have hair like that kind of, but I also saw some that had the hair flow backwards more and not straight up like this. Even if it is somewhat accurate, most people would not like the tall hair and sports logos should not sacrifice a good overall logo just for the sake of realism or an accurate portrayal.

I love the current cardinals logo, especially since they updated it slightly not too long ago, and hope they never change it,

Archived