My First Crack At A Logo

Stryke Thr33

I've been lurking on these forums admiring the work of you guys for a while. I was always to timid to post anything I made here because I thought it wouldn't be at all good enough. Anyway, I decided to try to make a logo and post it here to see what you guys think.

Keep in mind, this is my first ever logo. :D

The team name - Las Vegas Aces (my relocation concept)

aces.gif

Not bad my friend. Good job for doing the board right. Lurking, learning, and then posting when you had a good idea and good execution.

I like your logo concept. It is fun, fresh, and very neat. (synonym for orderly, not for cool.) I like the balance, the integration on the bats, and the oversized Spade on the card.

Reccomentations - Try to ad some depth. The card is flat, the bats are flat, even the ribbon the wordmark is on, looks flattened. Give some depth to the whole thing with some tonals, even some pseudo drop shadows accomplished with thicker outlines. I'd also tell you to go bigger. Bigger type, bigger icons, bigger outlines.

Nice attempt for a first logo, and overall not too shabby.

I look forward to seeing more work from you.

Welcome.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

nice first post, and an impressive primary logo. i'd tend to pay no mind to paynomind, though :D j/k, the bats do look a little flat. maybe work on the spade a little too.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Not bad my friend. Good job for doing the board right. Lurking, learning, and then posting when you had a good idea and good execution.

Have to like a board that likes lurkers--overall anyway.

I did for awhile too.

What will be interesting to see is how you'd do that logo 6 months or a year form now if you keep working at it--it's a very good start!

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Not too bad.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Archived