My First Concept in Inkscape

Spammy

Ok so I downloaded Inkscape and about after 30 min. of screwing around i came up with this stanfordhome.png i wanna do home alt and away unis but first i need some c+c and also tell me if i should continue with pac 10

Please don't just screw around for 30 minutes and post stuff like this. If you want to get better, which hopefully you do, you need to take more time with your concepts. Everything about this except the template you worked with is not acceptable. Seriously, look at what you did. Your shoulder stripes are horrible, your numbers on the front and the back are the same size. Have you ever seen a football jersey? I think you absolutely do not need to do the entire Pac 10. I would love to see one very good concept from you. If (and when) that happens, you will have learned how to actually do a concept. You posted that you designed the RMC Battlin' Bears logo. I don't think you did. I'm not saying you didn't - I just don't think you did. If you were able to have designed that, you would not be submitting this as a concept.

Ok first of all i have seen a football jersey before CAUSE MY DADS A HEAD FOOTBALL COACH BUDDY... second of all why would you bring the RMC logo up because that has nothing to do with this and third of all your very rude for insulting me logoman. I wanted c+c not a personal attack!@!@!@11!!!! :censored: :censored: :angered:

Here's some C&C for ya: I kind of like it but the stripes absolutely need to be cleaned up. Size down the name on the nameplate and make a couple more tweaks and this would look great. There's your C&C.

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

Here's some C&C for ya: I kind of like it but the stripes absolutely need to be cleaned up. Size down the name on the nameplate and make a couple more tweaks and this would look great. There's your C&C.

Alright thannk you tc i will do that then post v2 of my concept

Ok first of all i have seen a football jersey before CAUSE MY DADS A HEAD FOOTBALL COACH BUDDY... second of all why would you bring the RMC logo up because that has nothing to do with this and third of all your very rude for insulting me logoman. I wanted c+c not a personal attack!@!@!@11!!!! :censored: :censored: :angered:

I don't think that was a personal attack, more like honest c and c. If anyone's attacking anyone, it's you attacking him, you need to calm down. But I agree with logoman, you need to work on getting your jerseys to actually look like a football jersey. This is better than you Arizona attempt but it still has a lot of problems. I also agree with logoman about the RMC logo. It's pretty good, but don't take credit for something you didn't do. Plagiarism?

oh your dads a football coach, you must be a good designer then...

There's no way someone makes that logo, then comes out with this, sorry. I'm all for benefit of the doubt, but this is stretching it.

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

I don't think that was a personal attack, more like honest c and c. If anyone's attacking anyone, it's you attacking him, you need to calm down. But I agree with logoman, you need to work on getting your jerseys to actually look like a football jersey. This is better than you Arizona attempt but it still has a lot of problems. I also agree with logoman about the RMC logo. It's pretty good, but don't take credit for something you didn't do. Plagiarism?

sorry just wanted to fit in with you guys cause you make aswesome logos im sorry wont happen again

I am sorry for attacking you logoman plz forgive me and i am sorry CCSLC for causing problems

You definately need to work with your program a little more because this is still pretty sloppy. I think you have the right idea going overall, the presentation is just a little bit off. This concept is pretty close to being awesome though if you clean it up a bit. The one thing I don't like are the black pants. Make those white and this is pretty acceptable for Stanford.

But seriously though, listen to these people. They know a ton about this stuff and know how to make you better at it. If you just listen and don't take stuff personally, before you know it, you can be one of the best designers here.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

I don't think that was a personal attack, more like honest c and c. If anyone's attacking anyone, it's you attacking him, you need to calm down.

It may not have been a "personal attack", but the way logoman worded his c&c was pretty rude, especially when you consider that spammy is a beginner at concepts. Everyone else found a way to offer c & c without rudeness; logoman could have done the same.

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

The white pants look much better, but seriously, learn your program before posting. There's a tool to smooth out the nodes on the lines, and until you learn how to use it, i'd suggest sticking with paint for now. It just looks very sloppy with the jagged lines. What's the point in using vector when you're not going to make use of even its most basic capabilities? Take your time to mess with the different tools and tricks. You won't figure everything out at first (I'm still learning things after a year), but at least get down the basics.

spacer.png

The white pants look much better, but seriously, learn your program before posting. There's a tool to smooth out the nodes on the lines, and until you learn how to use it, i'd suggest sticking with paint for now. It just looks very sloppy with the jagged lines. What's the point in using vector when you're not going to make use of even its most basic capabilities? Take your time to mess with the different tools and tricks. You won't figure everything out at first (I'm still learning things after a year), but at least get down the basics.

well i am very good with gimp have been using for like a year and half so i decided to try this out to see how good it was

Ok..... I decided i didnt like the shoulder stripes so i came up with something different ok here it is version 4 of my stanford jerseys SHv4.png

Alright, I'm not a designer and I'm not sure if you are looking for honest c&c, but these still look terrible. I'm going to try to put it in simple terms. Your shoulder stripes don't reach the top of the jersey, your pant stripes go over the top of the pants. The concept itself is pretty bland. The overall execution of the concept is pretty weak. Like others have said, take your good time (seems you have a lot of it) and post something decent.

hope this helps!

sorry just wanted to fit in with you guys cause you make aswesome logos im sorry wont happen again

I am sorry for attacking you logoman plz forgive me and i am sorry CCSLC for causing problems

You're doing an awful lot to try and fit in around here, unfortunately it's all the wrong things. Posting logos and claiming them as your own (Strike 1!), attacking established, respected members of the board (Strike 2!)...Logoman was not making a personal attack, he was giving criticism, that's what C&C stands for. We designers take our work seriously and don't take kindly to people marching in saying "Look what I designed in 30 minutes!". Take pride in your work, take it seriously, and take comments and criticism for what they are, and don't get offended!

Take more than 30 minutes, pay attention to detail, learn to use the program before posting concepts. That's how you'll gain our respect.

I would say that it looks much better with the white pants, but version 3 looks much better than version 4. First off, version 4 is just pretty ugly and the pants stripes on version 4 should be altered to match the shoulder stripes. Second, it is vaguely similar to USC's jerseys, and I don't think Stanford would like to have jerseys similar to a Pac10 rival.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

Archived