2009 MLB Season Thread

Gary

Hmmm is it going to be the first Hollywood Series? Am I right that it would be the first California series since the Earthquake series? Of course the Sox could come back (they've done it before after all!) and the Yankees could get in the way of the Angels. But I do think if the Dodgers make it through to the World Series, it is almost guaranteed to be the most glamorous (for want of a better word) series since the Broadway/subway Series a few years ago. (Well more than a few years ago now!)

Dodgers vs Angels - Hollywood series

Dodgers vs Yankees - all the old NY history, plus Torre vs Girardi etc

Dodgers vs Sox - Manny vs Sox.

This could be a classic post season.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm is it going to be the first Hollywood Series? Am I right that it would be the first California series since the Earthquake series? Of course the Sox could come back (they've done it before after all!) and the Yankees could get in the way of the Angels. But I do think if the Dodgers make it through to the World Series, it is almost guaranteed to be the most glamorous (for want of a better word) series since the Broadway/subway Series a few years ago. (Well more than a few years ago now!)

Dodgers vs Angels - Hollywood series

Dodgers vs Yankees - all the old NY history, plus Torre vs Girardi etc

Dodgers vs Sox - Manny vs Sox.

This could be a classic post season.

Giants-Angels in 2002.

Also, I think the Angels-Dodgers rivalry is called the Freeway Series as per the "[Popular Mode of Transportation] Series" naming convention.

I feel bad for Matt Holliday. His error cost his team in the game and in doing so he took a baseball right in the sack.

Still, I hate the Cardinals and I'll take a 2-0 hole for them in any series.

PvO6ZWJ.png

If anyone is watching the Yanks/Twins game, check out Burnett's Yankee Stadium patch compared to Molina's. Burnett's patch is really close to the seam where Molina's is where you would normally find a patch. You would think they would regulate such things :)

You all need to quit.

Just go to the 0:27 mark to hear Vin

Listen to Uncle Vin. For me...Game Over!

Vin Scully always has been, is, and always will be the greatest of all time.

No doubt about it. Vin Scully is The Beatles of baseball broadcasting. The second best announcer ever is a good deal below Vin Scully.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

If the Twins pull this one off, I will love them for life. This team is just incredible, I'm now rooting for a Dodgers-Twins World Series.

Slogan: Let's party like it's 1965!

A-Rod ties the game at 3 with a 2-run HR in the bottom of the ninth.

I guess Yankees fans like him now, huh?

That home run only cost about a third of a billion dollars. That's a bargain in New York.

But that's "Obama Money." It's not costing the Yankees anything. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived