2009 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Red Sox are playing with absolutely no heart. I mean zero. I can't see them winning this series at the rate they're going.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

crying_baby.jpg

Yankee Haters tonight

Yet still, no one likes you.

They don't have to like me.

"You ain't gotta like me...you just mad 'cause I tell it how it is and you tell it how it might be."

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

The Red Sox are playing with absolutely no heart. I mean zero. I can't see them winning this series at the rate they're going.

I agree completely. The Red Sox look like they'd rather be at Disney Land or something.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

I agree completely. The Red Sox look like they'd rather be at Disney Land or something.

It is the happiest place on earth, after all.

VmWIn6B.png

J.D. Drew might know the answer to the age old question "hey, who do you have to blow to become a pro baseball player?"

Hey may know the answer, but you obviously didn't blow the right people.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

J.D. Drew might know the answer to the age old question "hey, who do you have to blow to become a pro baseball player?"

Funny...I don't recall that coming up when he's hitting Grand Slams at Fenway in the playoffs...

I'm just sayin'...

For the amount he gets paid per season, that's expected out of him.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I have determined after today that I am included in the group that wants instant replay in baseball for everything but balls and strikes. The call today on the Twins pushed me to that group. I was already leaning, but that just ignited me. The Twins lost earlier this year in Oakland on a blown call also (I'm not saying they wouldn't have lost either of these two games anyways, but still). I just don't think a team should have to lose a baseball game because a human being saw something different than the cameras. I mean these guys go out and play as hard as they can and get jipped out of a win because of a bad call? That isn't right. I would really be glad if they passed an instant replay rule.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

Despite setting team records in runs, homers, extra-base hits, walks, stolen bases and on-base percentage...the Rays fired their hitting coach this past Monday.

You have one World Series run, and suddenly you have astronomical standards. Wow.

They didn't renew his contract, not fired. They were pissed about "situational hitting", apparently.

And honestly who cares. When in the history of baseball has "hitting coach" ever been anything but a favor to a baseball lifer? If you are nice to the right people you can be a base coach or a hitting coach or a "roving instructor" as long as you want.

1zgyd8w.jpg

JD Drew is who he is. Slightly above average power, high on-base percentage abd a very good right fielder. When he hasn't been hurt, he will get you between 20-25 HR, 70 RBI, and a .280 or better batting average. Sure, he's been overhyped, but he hasn't hurt the Red Sox as long as he's been on the team.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I have determined after today that I am included in the group that wants instant replay in baseball for everything but balls and strikes. The call today on the Twins pushed me to that group. I was already leaning, but that just ignited me. The Twins lost earlier this year in Oakland on a blown call also (I'm not saying they wouldn't have lost either of these two games anyways, but still). I just don't think a team should have to lose a baseball game because a human being saw something different than the cameras. I mean these guys go out and play as hard as they can and get jipped out of a win because of a bad call? That isn't right. I would really be glad if they passed an instant replay rule.

That will never happen. If they review every close play in baseball, games would last five hours. At most, instant replay would be allowed on plays where a run is scored.

The Twins lost this game because they couldn't get 3 outs in the ninth inning before giving up two runs....not to mention not being able to score a run after having the bases loaded and none out in the top of the 11th.

Archived