"game Worn" Sox Jersey On Ebay?

DGivens87

I won't even comment on it, I'll let you guys just bash the hell out of it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=24889

Besides,what self-respecting dad would immediately sell the jersey a professional ballplayer (especially Curt Schilling) gave specifically to his 5 year-old son?

WHAT A JACKASS!

The inconsitencies:

First of all, the numbers and name on the back of the jerseys worn by the players are WHITE, not blue. Second, the number font is WRONG, it's the generic font used on jerseys for all 30 MLB teams at Wal-Mart. Third, Curt Schilling doesn't even attend Spring Training games against divisional opponents, because he doesn't want to give any "edge" to those teams before the season even starts. That alone will tell you how much of a fabrication this guy's story is. Schilling wasn't even at the game he supposedly got this jersey from!

This guy is either a liar or an a**hole.

Either he is lying about it being a game worn, and trying to rip people off.

or

He is ripping a jersey out of his 5 year old sons hands something that could be the kids cerished possesion just to make a few extra dollars.

Its sad either way. I hope no one bids up to his asking price.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

hahahahahaha. That is the greatest thing I have ever read on ebay. Hilarious. I'm sure Kurt Schilling just winked and walked away...hahahahaha.

Oh my. I can't stop laughing. I'd really sell a jersey my son got from one of the greatest pitchers of all time with a story like that, too. woot woot. Good job my con artist friend. This is great!

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

The auction had been "delisted due to an error in the listing."

Yeah, like the fact that the jersey WASNT handed to him by shilling, and it ISNT even like a real one, and he couldn't come up with a decent story.

Seriously, if you are going to lie, don't make up story that makes you look like a poopsmith.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

*picks up wiffle bat*

it's a lying either way situation...if i'm not mistaken last year's BP jerseys had blue lettering w/white outline on the back-but we all know Schilling was in AZ at the time.

*bashes the hell out of this*

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I got an e-mail back from the person selling the jersey.

In her words:

I am the seller's wife, it was given to me at the game by Mr. Schilling himself, and as far as me being a liar I think that is quite rude of you. He gave the shirt to us and I was told afterwards that it was a game worn jersey. So do what you want. I don't know anything about game worns was taken there by my dad. I was not misleaded anyone. But thanks for the information, you could have presented it a little nicer.

You know something, why don't you inquire before you call me a liar, so you are very ignorant. I don't need to scam people into anything. I was told it was game worn.

THAT'S WHAT THEY ALL SAY lol :wacko:

*picks up wiffle bat*

it's a lying either way situation...if i'm not mistaken last year's BP jerseys had blue lettering w/white outline on the back-but we all know Schilling was in AZ at the time.

*bashes the hell out of this*

Nope, white letters and numbers with a blue outline. See the link below for what the BP jersey's supposed to look like.

Link

Looks like what we have here is someone bought a "customized" Sox BP jersey off mlb.com (where they DO NOT use the actual letters/numbers on them) and is pawning it off as game-worn or something to that effect.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

I got an e-mail back from the person selling the jersey.

In her words:

I am the seller's wife, it was given to me at the game by Mr. Schilling himself, and as far as me being a liar I think that is quite rude of you. He gave the shirt to us and I was told afterwards that it was a game worn jersey. So do what you want. I don't know anything about game worns was taken there by my dad. I was not misleaded anyone. But thanks for the information, you could have presented it a little nicer.

You know something, why don't you inquire before you call me a liar, so you are very ignorant. I don't need to scam people into anything. I was told it was game worn.

THAT'S WHAT THEY ALL SAY lol :wacko:

Lol what a joke like you are gonna believe her sheesh some people just cant stop being con artists.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived